Skip to main content

Now that I have had a little time to reflect, this past year was pretty special.  I'm not the kind to dwell on the past, but I also try to realize how fortunate I am and give thanks to God for all the blessings He has bestowed on me and my family.  Just a short list:

- Son's HS baseball team played for the state championship for only the third time in school history.  We have never won a baseball championship, even with Buster Posey as part of the team.

-Son's HS football team won the state championship for the first time in school history.  As a matter of fact, we had never advanced past the second round of the playoffs.

-Son's college team won the SEC west, tied for SEC regular season champs and won the SEC tournament.  They then proceeded to win their regional and super regional and made it to Omaha.  We fought through the tournament having to beat the team with the best record in the country twice, only to come up short in the championship.  After missing the previous year while recovering from ulnar nerve transposition and TJ surgeries, son came back and was an integral piece out of the bullpen.  He even threw 3.1 innings against Florida in the National Championship final.

-Son's sister was accepted into dental school and just finished her first semester.

I'm sorry if this comes off as bragging, I truly do not mean for it to be.  I simply want to be thankful for all the blessings and great things my family has been a part of in the past 12 months.  I personally can get in the "woe is me" mode far too often.  I encourage others to share their success stories to start off 2018 in a positive light.  I am looking forward to see what the next year has in store.

Thanks YG

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey, I appreciate your willingness to share.  That was a great year!  I look forward to following your son this upcoming season.  Dental school acceptance is huge.

Question:  where does your son sit with his velo, and what is his top velo?  

Cheers to good health and prosperity for all in 2018!

Gov posted:

Hey, I appreciate your willingness to share.  That was a great year!  I look forward to following your son this upcoming season.  Dental school acceptance is huge.

Gov, he was sitting 90-91 for most of last season and topped out at 93 with a few fastballs in Omaha as well as a short stint in summer ball.

Last edited by younggun
younggun posted:
Gov posted:

Gov, he was sitting 90-91 for most of last season and topped out at 93 with a few fastballs in Omaha as well as a short stint in summer ball.

Excellent!

I loved watching younggun son on TV. That was special.

I feel for the teams loss but it was Florida's time. This year FAU plays them one weekday in Gainesville and that should be interesting and fun to watch. 

Dont worry about his velo. He is a lefty. He has good stuff. He will get drafted!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.