Skip to main content

Son has never done a showcase. He will be a sophomore this next school year. He has pretty decent tools. PG has him as a high-follow. I am not against the idea of doing showcases, but my gut feeling tells me to just keep working on his tools (stronger, faster) and spend the money on training instead of a PG trip this year. However, I could be wrong. The general sentiment has generally been to not do a showcase until you have something to show. He probably could benefit from the experience and probably would do fine. 

That said, can anyone distinguish between the two listed in the subject?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It depends what you are trying to achieve.  If are you looking to get on the radar of Big State U and/or MLB then go to the best showcase you can to measure up against the competition.  If you are looking to get an opportunity to play D1, D2 or D3 college then 1st go to a local showcase or even better have a coach evaluate the common tools. Once you have the required tools to showcase to any of the above mentioned college divisions, then go show them what you can do.

Personally I would skip the PG Series event and go with a standard PG showcase.  You will find that most metrics are NOT collected at the PG Series--they don't even run a 60...  think they run 30 instead--and I think that is an extra fee (PG Series Challenge for $199)?  If you look at past events and pick a player who has not done any standard showcases, you will see what I'm talking about--they do not have any throwing metrics, 60, or exit velo listed.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.