Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I believe he is talking about this kid:

www.perfectgame.org/Players/Pl...ofile.aspx?ID=532720

Obviously his parents or whoever created the profile put in his "commitment" to Clemson. But he's also interested in Harvard, so maybe he would flip his commitment if a high academic came calling?!

Wait a minute, my younger son is a 2025 . . . if 2026s are committing, does this mean he's behind in recruiting?!?!  

2019Dad posted:

I believe he is talking about this kid:

www.perfectgame.org/Players/Pl...ofile.aspx?ID=532720

Obviously his parents or whoever created the profile put in his "commitment" to Clemson. But he's also interested in Harvard, so maybe he would flip his commitment if a high academic came calling?!

Wait a minute, my younger son is a 2025 . . . if 2026s are committing, does this mean he's behind in recruiting?!?!  

Any wonder his first name is Cash?

LMAO-

Last edited by DesertDuck
TPM posted:

According to sources, it's a joke, disregard.  Maybe the intention was either to diss PG or the Tigers. 

I mean seriously, does anyone really think a program like Clemson needs to go after 9 year olds?

According to sources? You mean like those mainstream media outlet anonymous sources? 

'Maybe' the intention was to dis PG or Clemson? Ya think? lol

Garbage in-Garbage out....

DesertDuck posted:
TPM posted:

According to sources, it's a joke, disregard.  Maybe the intention was either to diss PG or the Tigers. 

I mean seriously, does anyone really think a program like Clemson needs to go after 9 year olds?

According to sources? You mean like those mainstream media outlet anonymous sources? 

'Maybe' the intention was to dis PG or Clemson? Ya think? lol

Garbage in-Garbage out....

What is your point? 

SanDiegoRealist posted:

Wasn't my intention to start a squabble, but I just thought it was funny someone put that on their 9 year old kids profile. I never take those commitments seriously, but this one was a little funny

I didn't mean you, I meant whoever posted the info about the player. 

Son spoke to one of the coaches at Clemson. He (DK) laughed.  I think that was a reliable source. 

It wasn't garbage, and I personally resent that remark.

Last edited by TPM

Given Jack Leggett was the Clemson coach until a couple of years ago this has to be some kind of joke. It's either a family member or a shot at the family.

Or it could be test data that accidental got displayed. I've seen IT people create mock data then accidently display it. At Time Warner Cable a person was fired when his mock data showed up on a mailed bill.

Last edited by RJM

the beauty of this IMO is that there is actually headline and conversation. This one may be silly but someday it will happen, we have seen how many kids in 8th grade being recruited....they have not taken 1 freshman class yet and committed to major public U's that claim to be good schools...colleges get what they deserve!!

They can clean it up if they want to!

baseballdad65 posted:

How about PG making bank on 9u tournaments. Did they hAve to pay for parking at Lake Point?

I don't understand this comment.  Lakepoint owns the parking lot, they charge a fee.  As with any tournament there are fees associated with it.

Triple crown one day tournament cost = $295.

PG one day tournament cost at Lakepoint $225, plus $5 parking, plus $5 per person entrance fee (kids 14 and under free).

Many 9u kids think it is the height of cool to play on a turf field. I think it's both reasonable and very cool that PG has 9u events at Lakepoint.

Threadjack unintended, reminded me of the time when my son was 5 or 6, we were in the cul de sac and i was throwing fly balls super high for him to catch. The balls were that squishy-ish youth tee ball and he misjudged one and it landed smack in the middle of his forehead. After crying and calming down and upon further inspection....he was fine and no seam marks i gave the the most valuable advice i could think of at the time "Never catch the ball with your face." He's always been a really good outfielder, i like to think that lesson that day in the cul de sac helped hone his abilities. 

Last edited by Shoveit4Ks

Colleges are getting verbals from middle school girls for softball.  I am not familiar with verbal offers and criterias.  I'm assuming the usual from the school, SAT/ACT, core classes, gpa, etc. Do they also attach a performance clause, all league, top % in Max Preps, injury, and the like?  I understand verbals are not binding but I know it is frowned upon if either side changes mind without a valid "reason".  The main question is why would an athlete limit their choices at an early point in their career when after they produce theoretically can have several schools bidding for them?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.