Skip to main content

http://www.usssa.com/sports/FindPlayerHistory.asp?PlaID=1732303

Bailey van Haastrecht of the EC Stinger baseball team has hit 22 HRs according to his USSSA profile. WOW is all I can say. I play in the same group as him and I just can't even imagine how gorgeous is swing is. I wish I had 22 HRs to hold under my belt Frown
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My advice is to allow the kid to enjoy today for today, but you should not jump to the conclusion that he's destined to be a HS star.

13 is an interesting age. You move to a bigger field, but so many of the pitchers don't have enough "stuff" to compete at the 60'6" distance. Some teams are still playing on short fields. And some players get to puberty earlier than the others and are just plain bigger and stronger than everyone else.

Time will even things out on both sides of this, I would wager.

But still, enjoy it now for what it is now. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun!
33 triples and 5 doubles in 84 ABs? That means that every hit the kid had was an extra base hit. And only 8 walks in those same 84 ABs? I don't doubt the kid can hit, but its physically impossible to have only extra base hits. And its probably pretty close to impossible for 13 year old pitchers to throw that many strikes on a consistent basis.
The kid is also 38-2 as a pitcher!

Then you click on the team and notice there aren't any games recorded. After you click on individual stats and see there are only stats on this kid. Next click on Manager and see his dad is the manager. I'm guessing junior knows the password to the team's USSSA site.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.