Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by coach2709:
Might be trying to run off the kids who don't want it. If they quit over some running then you don't want them and if they stick around then you know you got some baseball players. The coach may be saying he wants team chemistry more than skill developement.

Great comment, thanks Coach2709. I see this too. Lot of kids dropped off, but are coming back now. The older kids know the drill and are letting the young ones know they need to stick it out. With 3 weeks until the season opener, I cannot see how they will be competitive unitl late in the season. A different process/process I guess.
Lots or should I say most baseball coaches run like that for no other reason than that's the way they did it. Distance running slows sprint times. Why do the train aerobically for an anaerobic sport? They should be doing speed and agility training but most baseball coaches would not know what to do. So after the HS baseball season, I take my son to a coach that makes him fast again. It happens every year.
quote:
Originally posted by Hawghauler:
Lots or should I say most baseball coaches run like that for no other reason than that's the way they did it. Distance running slows sprint times. Why do the train aerobically for an anaerobic sport? They should be doing speed and agility training but most baseball coaches would not know what to do. So after the HS baseball season, I take my son to a coach that makes him fast again. It happens every year.

Amen brother!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.