Skip to main content

For you people east of I35 that may have missed it, there is a fun situation playing out over here to the West.

4-5A Standings going into the final game:

Paschal 11-4
Summit 11-4
Mansfield 10-5
Weatherford 10-5

Based on Friday nights schedule there could be a 4 way tie for district championship with all teams 11-5. The number 5 team (Burleson 8-7) was not eliminated from playoff contention until tonight.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm not a believer in that. I flipped it and let him call it...he called tails...it was tails...so we play the 3rd place team Midland...who we beat in the Lubbock tournament and got to watch them 3 games up there. Abilene Cooper we scouted once, and I have not seen them, so there is some unknown.

If we don't win this weekend, it won't be because we are not prepared. They have a good ballclub, they make the playoffs every year, they have a coach that took them to the state tournament 2 years ago. We have our work cut out for us, but we are very confident in ourselves.

As for the summer team, I am not coaching in DABA this year. I am not sure if the Pirates will exist or not. I am hopefully going to work a few college camps, my own camp here at Summit, going to one last game at the Old Yankee Stadium, take my daughters to the beach, keep all options open!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.