Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Beenthere,Redbird
Thanks, we are in the range you give now.Do you Know of any places that give an electronic 60?
I was watching an old football combine and the commentaters were noting the inconsistencies of the handheld vs. the electronic--they were doing both at the combine.
I suppose since I know the 0-10,10-20, and 20-40 splits that I can project fairly accurate the 60, assuming top end speed is reached at the 20, right?
TARatko,
Thanks, and he does work hard.What does Tim Graff say about top end speed, and does he have a web site to address questions like these?

0 - 20 split = 3.2 (laser)
20 - 40 split = 2.0 (laser)5.2 40 total

Assuming top end is reached at 40, and the 20-40 split can be can be maintained through the 60, then makes sense to say 7.2 for 60.

I'm not sure what any of these splits really mean, but I see the most room for improvement in the 0-20. If we can shave .2 off the 0-20 and .1 off both the 20-40/40-60, then we'd be talking. In your opinion is this attainable?
FastballDad;
Totally agree. The speed questions and results come as a byproduct of rehabbing a leg injury. We got lucky with some very good advice on that one.
TARatko;
Again, thanks for the solid info. That's why I love this forum: great advice from knowledgable people who take the time to share it. I'll pass along new times as we log them.
Last edited by Traveldad
The main point that every one seems to agree on is that the most accurate way to get a 40-60 time is to use laser timers. Why would you bother getting hand timed and then try to figure out what your laser time would be? Adding on .2-.3 seconds is not a universal standard accepted by colleges and scouts. I have seen athletes run a 4.39 hand timed and end up running a 4.9 laser timed. The athletes end up getting disappointed when they see the laser times because the hand times are just so unrealistic. The last person that you want to discourage by these unrealistic times is the athlete. Most sports training facilities that have a laser timing system will do it for free. Velocity Sports Performance does it all the time for Hinsdale South Athletes. Hinsdale South parents tell me all the time that just just call and get in for 40 time during the down hours. They are located in Willowbrook some where around Hinsdale South High School.A quick google search found their website to be http://www.velocitysp.com/willowbrook. That's just my opinion on the matter. I just get frustrated when you see these times that you know are not accurate.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.