Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by TimeToStepUp:
OP
Refresh my memory. Who is your first round play-off
game against again. I think you mention Highland Park back in January. How's that looking?

The way it looks now, we've got some work to do to get in the playoffs. With that said, it's hard to say who will be playing who at this point. Give us a couple more weeks and things will be a little clearer. I just hope we can continue our 3 game winning streak tonight.
From 12-4A...
Longview Pine Tree 9
Marshall 7

WP: Jeff Thompson
Save: Brian Shore

Don't have any of the stats but Jeff pitched a very good game. He went 6 IP before giving way in the 7th.

We had two K's tonight - that gives us 3 total K's in two weeks. These boys do put the ball in play.

Pine Tree is 8-0 in district and 18-2 on the season. Next up - Whitehouse Friday night.
McKinney North 15 15 2
Fr. Centennial 4 5 2

Run Rule

WP-Matt Lackie 5IP 5H 4R 4ER 0BB 4K 1HBP (3-2)
LP-Kozeny (sp?)

HR-North-Erik "Woody" Ross; Andrew Smith; Ty Crump

Centennial led 4-0 after 2 innings, then North scored 10 runs in the top of the third.

Frisco beat McKinney tonight 7-1, so now there is a 3 way tie for first in district with North, McKinney and Frisco, all at 7-3. It's getting interesting in 9-4A!

Not sure how the Boyd vs. Lake Dallas score ended up. Anybody out there know that final?
Last edited by Old Pitcher
tapps 1-6a

Bishop Lynch 6 12 4
FW Nolan 5 8 1

WP--Matt Mendenhall. LP--Mark Picca. Sv--Jordan Hebert. 2B--BL: Jordan Hebert 1. NOL: Tim Clark 1, Matt Peterson 1.

JohnPaulII 3 4 5
TCA-Addison 20 16 2

WP--James Foster. LP--Ben Taylor. 2B--JP II: Daniel Parfitt 1. TCA: Trent Taylor 1. 3B--TCA: Nelson Flemming 1, Collin Jones 1, James Foster 1. HR--TCA: Kyle Fackler 1.
quote:
Originally posted by BASEBALL39:
Hebron SS...cant think of his name...How is he at playing ss?

Kind of a subjective question - his coach is the one who can best answer that. But since I keep stats for that team I can give you numbers, and little else. The kid's name is Jesse Payne, a senior. He currently has a six-game errorless streak of which I'm sure I just promptly jinxed.
At the plate, although he was hitless against Zach Neal Tuesday night (there was a lot of that going around), JP entered the game hitting .386, 2 HR, 18 RBI and 17 SB.
There are a couple Hebron kids flying under the radar. One is senior righthander Payden Bravenec, who pitched a heck of a game Tuesday against Flower Mound, allowing just six singles over seven innings but was on the short end of a 3-0 loss.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.