Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
11sdad -- did they hang Fischer out to dry, or did you have a big 7th inning? Imhoff keeps hitting long flies, eh? Cool

I don't remember the exact number of runs but I think we scored 3 in the 6th and 4 or 5 in the 7th. And yes Imhoff is on a row, I believe he had a the HR and an RBI single today.
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Ethan:
Beast and blackhawk32,
You must be kidding. Anytime one of the top pitchers in the area (Beavan, Green, Reid, Neal, etc...) loses a game, it is surprising. To say anything different is disingenuous.

I disagree... The kid didn't have a bad game by any means, his ERA is still 0.00 and he also contributed by hitting a double, when your team makes 4 errors behind you, its not a suprise you lost, and give Tamez some credit. He's pretty darn good
I agree Unc -- "shock valuuuuuuuuue"! Big Grin

I don't care if a team makes 30 errors in one inning.....if I read in the paper that this kid lost, I'm surprised. Any kid can lose a game -- that's obvious to all -- but it's still surprising when it happens to some. I suppose that says alot about a select few kids. It's not an insult to the other pitcher/team that people expect Beavan to win.
Last edited by Panther Dad
I agree that when Beavan loses it is a big deal...my argument was simply he did not give up an earned run, and did his job both pitching and hitting. He may have been handed the L and i'm sure he's upset his team didn't win, but it's no surprising when you know what kind of defensive team Irving is, how underrated Bell is, and how very underrated Tamez is. I'm also pretty sure his stock didn't go down much, if at all...
An exaggeration perhaps, Beast. Smile My point is obvious -- seeing his name as the losing pitcher is a surprise, except to you. And, it's always easy to say you aren't surprised after hearing a description of the game. I imagine this kid has won many games despite defensive mishaps....he's a K-guy.

We're bored if we are belaboring this point, eh? Poteet's season has become a breeze? Ricky Rikocco has been dominating!

Last edited by Panther Dad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.