HR-Frisco-Dyer; Gray

McKinney-----2
Lake Dallas----4

Centennial----5
The Colony---2

North and McKinney stay tied for 1st with the losses
Frisco and Centennial stay tied for 3rd with the wins

How did 5 hits=six runs?

Great job by FM coming out and shutting down Coppell. Who pitched? Who was home? Senior night?
Lamar 15 21 2
Arlington 16 15 2

WP Josh Steiger
LP Chris Arocha

HRs Mike Ritter (2), Brandon Lewis (2) one was GS
Lamar : Jackson Stone

This was a back and forth game. 5 HR's with a strong wind blowing out to left. Arlington came back and scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th to win. Arlington has locked up the 2 seed and Lamar will wait and see about the 3rd or 4th seed.
quote:
Originally posted by thats-a-balk!:

The bigger question, how did Mighty Mckinney lose to Lake Dallas?

They played better than we did! Frown

I think we forgot our bats at the field house.

LD center fielder made a diving catch- a beauty- on a shot hit by Lipka to end the game. If he misses that we possibly tie up the game. GREAT CATCH!
Jesuit-12
Irving Macarthur-2
6 innings

WP: Kyle Meinhardt: 6IP, 2R, 0ER, 5H, OW, 9K

Big third inning response-8runs-after Mac tied it up in the top of the third. Mac is better than this score shows, I can promise any playoff opponent that.

Smartdad... tell your son it was nice playing against him again. He's a nice kid and a good ball player. He hit a rope that somehow kept rising while still having top spin in that first inning. Also, my apologies for anything worth apologizing for... he might mention it--otherwise no big deal.
Last edited by Dtiger
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
quote:
Originally posted by thats-a-balk!:

The bigger question, how did Mighty Mckinney lose to Lake Dallas?

They played better than we did! Frown

I think we forgot our bats at the field house.

LD center fielder made a diving catch- a beauty- on a shot hit by Lipka to end the game. If he misses that we possibly tie up the game. GREAT CATCH!

Sandy, was it a bomb? Big Grin

I'm sorry, please don't be mad. Win Friday and....

Good luck in playoffs. I still think McKinney has the talent to make some noise in the playoffs.
DTiger,

Thanks for the kind words about Smart Son. He is finally starting to hit the ball a little bit. Of course, you made him look pretty silly his other two times up. Great job of pitching last night. His comment when he got home was that you pitched a heck of a game, keeping them off balance all night.

Jesuit is a quality team who really came to play on Senior Night. I only wish Mac would have matched the effort tonight. I'm still not sure the ball Shortall hit has come down yet. What a shot!
Summit 6
Mansfield 5

We were down 5-0 going into the bottom of the 6th. We rally for 5 runs in the 6th and score 1 in the bottom of the 7th to win it.

I am so proud of my kids. When I got here 2 years ago they were coming off of a 5-18, 1-13 season. They were beaten down and did not even know how to have fun playing baseball. They have worked hard on the field and bought into our coaching staff's philosophy. Now, they are being reward for their hard work with a 20-7, 11-4 season! One more win and we are at least Co-District Champs! Not bad for a "football/basketball" school!!!
quote:
Originally posted by funneldrill:
Summit 6
Mansfield 5

We were down 5-0 going into the bottom of the 6th. We rally for 5 runs in the 6th and score 1 in the bottom of the 7th to win it.

I am so proud of my kids. When I got here 2 years ago they were coming off of a 5-18, 1-13 season. They were beaten down and did not even know how to have fun playing baseball. They have worked hard on the field and bought into our coaching staff's philosophy. Now, they are being reward for their hard work with a 20-7, 11-4 season! One more win and we are at least Co-District Champs! Not bad for a "football/basketball" school!!!

Think Coaching may have something to do with it????

quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
quote:
Originally posted by funneldrill:
Summit 6
Mansfield 5

Think Coaching may have something to do with it????

My players saved me and my assistant last night, we did a poor job of coaching them. Luckily, we made some good adjustments against their hitters and the kids never stopped battling. If I had any doubts about them having my back, they have been erased.
Great game between Mansfield and Summit last night. I think the three errors by the Mansfield infield that led to 5 runs was the difference.

I thought both pitchers did well...

FD... don't be so hard on yourself. I thought you did a good job making the kids not get down on themselves early. Class act after the game by talking and giving the Mansfield pitcher a big hug.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.