Skip to main content

quote:
GOOD coaches should NEVER tell anyone they have to get bigger and stronger to make the team,

Perhaps some of you out there have heard of a sport called, HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.

It is a game where the entire community shuts down to support their team. Cheerleaders cheer, bands play, parades, floats.... etc....

There are men on the sideline (many of whom are good leaders of young people, and many who should not be allowed to even SPEAK to a youngster) who constantly tell kids they need to be BIGGER. If that kid can get his hands on steroids MANY MANY will do it because they want to please that FRIDAY night crowd... they can't think about their future past those cheerleaders, that band, that announcer on the loud speaker and those Friday Night Lights.

I know we are talking baseball here, but when it comes to young kids being told to get bigger Football is a MAJOR culprit...

That scouting report that infieldDad posted is chilling..... to me (I'm so freakin@ naive)
(4 days of iced out school can do that to me)
Last edited by trojan-skipper
quote:
when it comes to young kids being told to get bigger Football is a MAJOR culprit...
A college friend turns out to be a too slow freshman fullback at 235 pounds. The next season he's a 275 defensive end. The coaches only told him to gain lots of bulk. Then they turned their backs. I got on my friend about what he was doing. He said he needed football to pay for his college.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.