Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Obviously with a one game elimination it brings a lot of people into the picture, but in the 4A you have to give Arundel and Quince Orchard a potential repeat.

In 3A Severna Park looks pretty good defensively. Would like to see them hit the ball a bit better.

In the 2A I still like Eastern Tech.

In the 1A I would give the edge to Snow Hill.

Just a thought!

Al McCormick
www.mostvaluableplayer.biz
(410) 721-4203
Al,

You are exactly right! Arundel and Quince Orchard appear to be the cream of the crop.

As you know, McCandless (Severna Park) is my guy. They are a young team and really need to show they can hit good pitching. Jim will get the most out of that team that he can.

Snow Hill gotta be the fav for 1A, but look for Brunswick to make some noise. They have a really good pitcher, my cousin's boy, and he could get on a roll and carry them a long way!
I was impressed by Quince Orchard this year when we saw them. They're going to be tough.

I'm anxious (and hoping to see) Centennial if we can get out of our region which is stacked this year. I think the road to the championship will have to go through Centennial this year. From everything I hear, they're perhaps the best 3A team in the state. We have a very tough draw facing a tough North Carroll team on Monday and then probably a VERY good Westminster squad on Wednesday. We knew going into the season that Westminster was the team to beat in our region this year. Whoever survives to next Friday will have earned every game in 3A West. No freebies there!

We scrimmaged Brunswick before the season and I predicted that they'd be tough in 1A this year. I was right! Main is definitely a talented young man. I have to tip my cap to Roger Dawson for putting together a solid, competitive team every single year no matter what.

I was also very impressed with Boonsboro. They hit the ball hard from top to bottom of the lineup and they have several solid pitchers. But given single elimination, anyone's ace can knock off a good team if it's their day. Williamsport's Arik Taylor is a gifted young man on the hill and he can make things tough for someone.

This is such an exciting time of the year. I just wish they'd hurry up and post the MPSSAA brackets so I can see who everyone has drawn!
Last edited by R Ringer
quote:
Originally posted by Al McCormick:
In the 2A I still like Eastern Tech.

Hey watch out for Liberty to make a run Smile thats me, I think we have a good shot at making it to at least the semi's, we have winters mill today (but i think it will be rained out)
We scrimmaged Eastern Tech earlier in the year and lost by 1, they pitched Rivers for 2 and he is a great pitcher, looks so effortless. I think it woulda been close if it were reagular season, we played like pitching each pitcher 1 inning because it was a scrimmage.
Last edited by LIONS10

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.