Skip to main content

Tychco, Well your predictions weren't right, but they weren't too far off either. Thanks for taking the preseason stab at it. I'll take the easier shot at a summary...Correct where you differ.

1. Heritage (13-2)- Pitching was awesome and hit just well enough to get it done every week. Hat's off to them.
2. Ridge (9-5)- Great second half. Nice job of coaching 'em up IMHO.
3. Keller (9-5)- Pitching surprised many and their Tue's were a lock!
4. G'vine (8-6)- Pitched well enough, but again failed to give enough at the plate to contend for a title.
5. N'West (7-7)- Nice surprise. Seemed to have a field presence that I had not seen the past two seasons.
6. Central (5-8)- Didn't seem to have the stix to stay with the top half of the district.
7. Bell (3-11)- Cupboard was bare.
8. Trinity (1-12)- Hmm...did I miss on this one. Though they did gave some decent efforts early on.

Looking forward to following Jr's progress at Baylor as I do Evatt's....
Last edited by Cobra21
Thanks, Cobra, I hope he enjoys it...it will be a different world. Dan Evatt did well this year.

I underestimated Fossil Ridge. That is a good team. Keller pitched way better than I thought they would. Grapevine didn't hit as consistently, but is still a good team.

I don't know what happened to Central...they just didn't have the pitching I guess. I admit I didn't know about Bell. Northwest did make some improvements this year...just not enough of of them.

Good luck to the four 5-5A playoff teams!
Last edited by tychco
What I am most proud of this year in 5-5A is that all of the Senior boys that I have had the privelege of coaching and/or having my son play with throughout all of the years, all had GREAT, GREAT seasons. I am so proud of all of them.

Max Muncy, Jordan Stafford, Cody Dyvig, Ryan Wysocki, Steven Hill, Aaron Gilbreath, Sammy Lett, Tyler Collins, Cameron White, etc. You guys are all special.

Since my son will be playng far away in the cold of the Mountain West conference, I expect the parents to drag me to the games locally next year, so I can root for their kids and continue to feed my baseball fix.
bball71tx,

It has been fun these last four years. Nothing makes my day more than getting a call from you "analyzing" coaching decisions.

Bo is going off to a great adventure this summer...be proud of him. He is a neat kid.

If he throws Wednesday, tell him to keep it down against that bunch.

You can go with me next year. We can watch tychcobrat#1 cheer on the starters...
Last edited by tychco
quote:
Originally posted by tychco:
bball71tx,

It has been fun these last four years. Nothing makes my day more than getting a call from you "analyzing" coaching decisions.

Bo is going off to a great adventure this summer...be proud of him. He is a neat kid.

You can go with me next year. We can watch tychcobrat#1 cheer on the starters...

I'm very disappointed... I though "Tater" only called me to whine about the coaches decisions... I feel betrayed...
quote:
Originally posted by Maverick0714:
quote:
Originally posted by tychco:
bball71tx,

I'm very disappointed... I though "Tater" only called me to whine about the coaches decisions... I feel betrayed...

Maverick ...... please, if this site was talking about 4-5A, I would have mentioned my boy Taylor !!

I do plan on you taking me to see him at UTA and then buying me dinner at the place of my choice.

P.S. I never complain, except when Tater Jr. is not getting the right pitch calls.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.