Skip to main content

I was sent this article early this morning and thought some of you may be interested....

One the big topics at the 2014 ASMI Injuries in Baseball course this year was our evolving understanding of the outcomes follow UCL reconstruction, better known as Tommy John surgery.  As each year goes by, we have more data on the results of people who have previously had Tommy John surgery since Dr. Frank Jobe first performed the procedure.

- See more at: http://www.mikereinold.com/201...sthash.P9k4yNGo.dpuf

"Every Athlete Deserves an Athletic Trainer"

Original Post

Recovery From Tommy John Surgery is Quick and Easy

Bulldog- The fact that this is actually a thought that people have got me to laugh out loud. Good post.

I would like to add one thing. Attacking the rehab in a proper manner and being consistent with the prescribed routine can theoretically strengthen a person's arm, which could result in an uptick in velocity. So, while the concept of "Tommy John Surgery makes you throw harder" is quite ridiculous, the fact that an individual has a year of rehab to undergo could result in the aforementioned strengthening. Work ethic (could) result in an increase in abilities, not surgery.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.