Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Flower Mound - 6
Arl. Martin - 3

WP - Zach Neal - 6i, 3r, 4h
SV - Brandon Parrent
LP - Shane Griffin - 5 1/3i, 4r, 5h

Score was 3-3 after 5 innings before FM scored 3 runs in the 6th on a two out bases loaded single to right and a throwing error by the right fielder on the play. Great game by both teams, should be a fun one tomorrow.
Last edited by 11sdad
quote:
Originally posted by L.A.:
Just got a text:
Coppell 3
SLC 0
WP: Watten
LP: Reid
No other details at this time.

Cameron Watten pitched a huge game. Only allowed 2 hits through 6 innings against a great SLC line-up. de la Chappelle came in to do his normal "shut the door" job in the 7th. Chase Reid pitched very well and looked strongest at the end of the game. Great curveball baffled many hitters, but Coppell had 8 or 9 hits including a big blow by Kaskow and some excellent bunting/base running plays. Series isn't over. No time to celebrate.
quote:
4 errors on Poteet is generous. I saw 6. Poteet played terrible. They're not gonna lay down though. McKinney better come ready to play tomorrow or it could be a tied series pretty quick. Poteet is tough @ their home field.

Tyler Lee went down the exact same way. Tomorrow is another day. Expect Tyler Lee to make adjustments. They are the fastest group we have seen all year 1 through nine. Constant pressure just waiting for you to make a mistake. Well coached and can hit the ball well. It's gonna be tough for little old Rowlett to finish this one up. That's why they play the game!

After watching game one Rowlett is the underdog here.
Last edited by JAFO
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
4 errors on Poteet is generous. I saw 6. Poteet played terrible. They're not gonna lay down though. McKinney better come ready to play tomorrow or it could be a tied series pretty quick. Poteet is tough @ their home field.

Tyler Lee went down the exact same way. Tomorrow is another day. Expect Tyler Lee to make adjustments. They are the fastest group we have seen all year 1 through nine. Constant pressure just waiting for you to make a mistake. Well coached and can hit the ball well. It's gonna be tough for little old Rowlett to finish this one up. That's why they play the game!

After watching game one Rowlett is the underdog here.

quote:
Originally posted by ACowboy:
quote:
Originally posted by L.A.:
Just got a text:
Coppell 3
SLC 0
WP: Watten
LP: Reid
No other details at this time.

Cameron Watten pitched a huge game. Only allowed 2 hits through 6 innings against a great SLC line-up. de la Chappelle came in to do his normal "shut the door" job in the 7th. Chase Reid pitched very well and looked strongest at the end of the game. Great curveball baffled many hitters, but Coppell had 8 or 9 hits including a big blow by Kaskow and some excellent bunting/base running plays. Series isn't over. No time to celebrate.

Almost forgot. Watten also had a big hit driving in a couple of runs. Coppell's Trevor Trudell had a nice steal of home for the first (and winning) run of the game on a 1st and 3rd delayed double steal play.
quote:
Originally posted by PAW-FECT:
CAMERON WATTEN.... :appl Your Colleyville friends send our best...and...continued best during this series. We missed the game but heard you tamed the green beast!

Someone mentioned Reid's curve ball....but his money pitch is a very nasty slider...it baffles many batters.

I thought it was curve because it broke quite a bit. I'd just call it a good hard curve. Where do you draw the line between a hard curve and a slider?
quote:
Originally posted by momandcpa:
Per www.dentonrc.com

Riley will be on the hill today, and Mulkey will be watching his head after hitting <snip> in the seventh.

“Dustin has to come out and pitch well tomorrow,” Mulkey said. “They have their ace coming tomorrow. It’s the kid I beaned in the last inning, so I will be hit tomorrow. In the line [post-game handshakes], he said he was going to bean me. I’ll be ready.”

Eek

ahhh tell Miles don't worry and Dustin can't make a big deal about it, I can only imagine what will happen if all that goes to the heads of the players...just tell Dustin to shut em down and if he does Denton wins and can use that to their advantage...a series sweep is much better than a meaningless HBP, and knowing Miles I know he didn't mean to...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.