Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hebron 5 LHS 0
WP-Sawyer LP-Balch
Sawyer went 5 complete 12K's had a long inning in the 3rd with bases loaded, threw around 40 pitches that inning. 2 innings for Clounch.
Balch-6 innings gave up a solo HR in the bottom of the first inning along with a couple more runs to make it 3-0 then settled down but the bat's weren't there with bases loaded twice in both the 3rd and 6th innings.
quote:
Originally posted by longballs:
Going to be hard for Marcus , since the can't ride the coat tail any more.

Hmmm...1-2 in district play already. Starting to wonder if lb's got a point, here ???

What ever happened to All5Tool's dominant 6'5" phenom?

I haven't seen any of their games, but I'm wondering how Gill by himself could have made up the 7 run deficit to SL, or even the 4 run loss to Coppell.
quote:
Originally posted by cheapseats:
Is Shane Henderson pitching/playing for FM? - I don't think I have seen his name in a box score this season.

I've heard that he's still working back from and injury. They're hoping he's ready by late in district play or possibly for a playoff run.

Time will tell but the pitching staff at FM has looked pretty solid so far. Both the #1 and #2 starters have thrown 2-hit shutouts and have gone deep in district play games so far.
Henderson is coming off arm surgery. Word has it he might be back later in the year. He can be a beast when he's on his game. Obviously Gill is missed at Marcus as a pitcher and hitter. Will be interesting to see how district shapes up after next week. SL looks solid but FM seems to have the strongest team with really good starting pitching and depth. Coppell is pitching by committee, but may hang tough with the way they've hit the ball. Look forward to watching more baseball!
FM has the best pitching staff in this district. With two proven starters in Bruce and Adams, and a deep bullpen, its going to fun watching this team go through district and make a playoff run. The only other team I see competing with FM in district right now is SLC. FM and SLC are the undisputed heavyweights in this district, and it should be interesting to see where both teams end up. Hopeful long playoff runs from both teams. I believe that pitching will be the key to a district title.
Last edited by xPitcherx
Agree that FM has the edge right now. In the matchups thus far between FM and SLC, FM has yet to see SLC's #1 or #2 starter (BTW I hate to rank their pitching staff as all of SLC's pitchers are very good...just going by ERA, win/loss record and velocity). SLC has already seen FM's #1 and #2 (both wins for FM as Bruce and Adams were very good in those games), but the familiarity could help the SLC hitters the next two times around in district play. We shall see.

Coppell is certainly still a very good team even without a dominant arm, will win their share of games and should make the playoffs. With the injury to Gill at Marcus and the improvement in Hebron, the 4th district playoff spot is up for grabs between the two IMHO. There's still 12 district games left so a lot can happen...just early district observations.
Last edited by doubleday
Here is how they rank.

1. Flower Mound - Bruce is best pitcher in district. Adams can hold his own. Even with a sluggish start, best offense in the district too. Jones looks to be the leader of the line up.

2. Southlake - Fundamentally sound. O'Connor can beat anybody when he's on. Hind catcher is solid all the way.

3. Coppell - Offense is best defense. Light on the mound but tall at the plate. Toth supplies spark at front end of line up.

4. Hebron - Sawyer will get them into the playoffs.

5. Lewisville - Hard nosed little bunch and a coach that's been around the block. Just never much talent in Farmer land.

6. Marcus - Although back in the pack, Boyd has shown power. What a difference a year makes for this group. Confused
Last edited by Pick Johnson
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wraggArm:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by longballs:

QUOTE]

The kids got dead arm and didnt look too hot in his first two district starts. Didn't see him this tuesday vs Coppell so maybe he got moved down. But considering how Marcus has hit the ball lately with only Boyd, Salazar, and Votolato they could use some bats. *Edited by moderator*
Last edited by Panther Dad
Is "dead arm" the clinical term for "doesn't really throw very hard"?

It's usually pretty easy to tell whether a kid got moved down. He'll be playing in the JV game (or sitting on the JV bench) in the game that's in the very same place right before the Varsity game. Or you could ask his Momma. Chances are she's sitting right across the breakfast table from you.

BTW, the three starters for the Marcus district games have been Lumpp, Massingale, and Lumpp. Not sure how your guy has had two "not too hot" district starts.
Last edited by wraggArm
quote:
Originally posted by wraggArm:
Is "dead arm" the clinical term for "doesn't really throw very hard"?

It's usually pretty easy to tell whether a kid got moved down. He'll be playing in the JV game (or sitting on the JV bench) in the game that's in the very same place right before the Varsity game. Or you could ask his Momma. Chances are she's sitting right across the breakfast table from you.

BTW, the three starters for the Marcus district games have been Lumpp, Massingale, and Lumpp. Not sure how your guy has had two "bad" district starts.

Ouch...
quote:
Originally posted by wraggArm:
quote:
Originally posted by longballs:
Going to be hard for Marcus , since the can't ride the coat tail any more.

Hmmm...1-2 in district play already. Starting to wonder if lb's got a point, here ???

I haven't seen any of their games, but I'm wondering how Gill by himself could have made up the 7 run deficit to SL, or even the 4 run loss to Coppell.

The 6'5" phenom is on JV. He played on Varsity until district got going and was recently sent down. Marcus will have a very good team next year, but tough going this year.
Finally made it to a Coppell game and while some things change some things remain the same. Coppell was down 3-0 to Lewisville and had come back to score 2 runs on a triple, so the score was 3-2 and a runner on third and NO OUTS. Coach English had a guy bunt with 2 strikes, that didn't work. I had Deja Vu all over again.

I left before the game ended but it was 4-3 Lewisville when I left and the Farmers looked pretty good.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.