Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That run differential is amazing. they have given up 19 runs in 70 games... is that true?

Average score over 70 games is 12.3 to 0.27. Doesn't this mean they 10 run just about every game.

I'm familiar with this great program, but can anyone say... Lack of competition!

This simply can not happen in California, Florida, Texas or most anywhere else.

There was a high school in California that recently ended a long winning streak, but I'm sure they gave up more than 19 runs in 70 games.

The 19 runs given up just doesn't even seem possible!
"Still Streaking

La Cueva High of Albuquerque won its first nine games, extending its winning streak to 67 games—one shy of the national high school record of 68 consecutive wins set by New York’s Archbishop Malloy from 1963-66.

La Cueva's next game was scheduled for March 29. With a win, the Bears could eclipse the record in the first game of a doubleheader scheduled for April 2.

"We haven't talked about it much but the kids aren't stupid," La Cueva coach Stan McKeever said. "They know it's there and the pressure has been mounting. I can sense their nerves."

La Cueva, which climbed into the Baseball America/National High School Baseball Coaches Association Top 25 at No. 24, entered the season riding a 58-game winning streak and back-to-back final top 10 rankings. But the Bears lost to of their top three pitchers from last year's squad and have played several of the state's top teams in the early stages of the season, adding intrigue to the remarkable run."
Last edited by micdsguy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.