Skip to main content

Can anyone shed some light on some teams in this district that will be a surprise or who might be falling off a bit..

I can only assume North will be favored in this district, but what about some other teams like Little Elm, Lake Dallas and McKinney High or maybe the new School McKinney Boyd.. Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My honest opinion is that McKinney will give every team in the district all they can handle. This could be their year to put it all together and do something big. I would say that North probably has a more talented team on paper, but I know a lot of the McKinney kids and they can flat out play. Baker is a true #1. I think Tanner Moore will have a phenomenal year at the plate. During the MMWS, I saw him crush several out of the park. Andy Lalumandier is one of the top catchers in 4A in my opinion. Caleb Spengler is one of the best infielders in the area for 08's. Incredible hands this kid has. They supposedly have 2 freshman that are good enough to start for them as well, one of those being a pitcher who is reported to have mid to upper 80's stuff. I really feel they will be very good. They've been right on the verge the last couple of years.

I think it will go down to the wire with North, McKinney and Lake Dallas.

I would love to hear some McKinney High dads opinions as well.
Last edited by Old Pitcher
Thanks OP,

The 2 freshmen boys from Mckinney High are pretty darn good. I'm familiar with them threw Summer ball.. They play for Team Kelley.. Zach Lee is the pitcher mid 80's stuff, good sized kid. The other kid, Matt Lipka is a very good all around player. Kid can pitch, catch, SS, you name it.. They also got brought up to the Varsity football team this Season so they are pretty mature young men.

The one team I'm intrested in is Lake Dallas.. I have heard Chase Baine is a good baseball player.. I know what he can do on the footbal field. Any fall off this year with the loss of Stacy Largent going to Boyd? Is the new man there pretty good?

Thanks..
Probably shouldn't post, but...

While McKinney High has a lot of questions, they've got to be better than they were last year. They graduated 14--yeah,14--seniors. Way, way, way too many, especially if only a couple can play. Good news: They're gone.

The hitting has to be better. No offense to anyone intended, but the pitching in 9-4A, aside from about 4 pitchers, was really pretty average, and even then, McKinney struggled at the plate. McKinney did seem to draw the aces of the district, but even then, if you didn't bat .380 in that district last year, you weren't a very good hitter. Sorry. Expect MHS's hitting to be better. It can't be worse. The kids work hard at it all year long.

In talking to one of the dads, he anticipates they will be better defensively in 8 of the 9 spots. I agree, and might even say 9 of 9. However, only was returner (Moore) was very good defensively last year. The others were below average with hands and feet. This team will work harder and they now have kids who know the game. Team speed might be an issue. Jeremy Price (coach) should have an easier time fielding a team defensively.

Baker and Mitzner were both fairly effective at times last year, but will need to be better and more consistent this year. I would expect that to be the case,given another year of development. Better find a #3, though.
JABO -- I know you have a personal stake in things at McKinney -- I, for one, appreciate your honest feedback. I joked with OP in a private message that he is too close to that situation on a personal level to be completely honest in assessing the team ---- and it is probably not his place anyway. It sounds like McKinney will be like most other teams in the area....depending on players with experience to contribute on a larger scale as they become team leaders. Most successful high school teams find a way to replace outgoing seniors with those that have developed on the sub-varsity level or who may have performed in part-time roles in the past.

Plano East has 5 returning starters and 2-3 others that were on the varsity roster last year, with minimal playing time. The others were JV players and a freshman. So...more than half the team is inexperienced. That is not to downplay their 2007 roles -- several will be ready to contribute. Having said that, this year is like most -- a key to their success will be the performace of the 3-4 senior starters. Fortunately, 3 of the underclassmen have varsity experience as well.

I love the intrigue surrounding high school baseball as each year the same challenges are faced by a new group of kids.

7 days!

-PD Smile
Last edited by Panther Dad
hey OP, have you ever thought about running for office? Maybe you and Panther Dad can run on the same ticket????

Although I have no vested interest (my son), in 9-4a, what I know about the teams (less than those with vested interest), Mckinney North and McKinney High School will battle for top spot. Everybody will fight it out for last playoff position. I am hearing that Lake Dallas is a sleeper, with a couple of lefties that will dazzle (I know one personally will give anyone fits)....right, "they grow up fast".
Last edited by kirk
quote:
Originally posted by Otis Thunderbelly:

those kids at mckinney arent even good enough to do anything in their lives...totally unacceptable comment kirk

I DON'T KNOW, WHY DON'T WE LET THE BOARD DECIDE WHAT IS UNACCEPTABLE??

IN THE MEANTIME, CONCENTRATE ON HPYING THE MCKINNEY NORTH PLAYERS AS OPPOSED TO FLAMMING 17 AND 18 YEAR OLDS AT A RIVAL SCHOOL!!!
quote:
Well butter my butt and call me biscuit..im bout fed up with all this yip yappin bout predictions...lets wait till march and see who the king chicken is when north and mckinney high duke it out on the diamond

WOW...CONGRATULATIONS OTIS YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR 12 STEP PROGRAM!
quote:
whats this program non sense your talkin about..uncle Ed always warned me bout your kind..runnin your mouths tryin yo be someone...well out here on country rd 5212 we do things different..we gather up the family and we wrestle...so kirk..do you wanna wrestle?

WELL, THIS IS COMICAL. WE GOIN TO RASTLE IN A PIG STY???

YOUR PLACE OR MINE????
quote:
well from the sounds of things, were gonna wrastle at your pig sty..iall have all 31 brothers and sisters there..so you can pick yourself out an army to go against us...should i bring some of mahs home cookin for afterwords?

Can you tell "mah" that I haven't had good home cooked fried chicken for quit a spell (my wife doesn't cook like my grandmah).

Yah'll (all 31) going to be traveling in one pick-up truck or two? Bring your swim suits...we got a pool and a pond, pond would be good for yah'll.
Last edited by kirk
Otis, good luck this season!!! You have made my night... can't stop laughin.

By the way, I hope McKinney North and McKinney HS split this season, until they meet in the 4A State finals. Then I hope,
McKinney ..................... ............................................ ....................................................................... ............................I have personal interest in both programs...GO OP SON, SICUM SPENGLER, GOOD LUCK SORRELLS, MOORE IS A STUD, SEE YOU THIS SUMMER NICO, TELL CHUCKIE I SAID HELLO BAKER (ALEX CAN MATCH WHAT MCKINNEY NORTH WILL THROW).

OP, you and "theygrowupfast" get a room yet? Watch out for Lake Dallas!!!
Last edited by MN-Mom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.