Skip to main content

Dallas Tigers Vanlandingham 4
DBAT Mustangs Guthrie 2

I could not be there so I followed on Gamechanger. Sounded like a GREAT game and hopefully the two see each other again this weekend. Kopech (if you haven't seen this kid throw, make a point to do so) goes 6 strong for Tigers and Fant goes 5 2/3 strong for DBAT (I heard this kid was really good).

Really wish I could have been there for this one, sounded like a spectacular match up between two good 16U squads. Best of luck to both the rest of the way.
You just got lesson number one: don't think; it can only hurt the ball club. -- Crash Davis
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I watched this game tonight, as it was played at our field, and was very impressed by both teams. Both kids on the bump were strong. Crazy that there were so many scouts here for a 16u game. The homerun hit by the Tiger first baseman off the the lefty from DBAT was impressive. DBAT had a chance to make it interesting as it threatened in the 7th getting two on base. Noah Lee had a great game at the plate with 3 RBI. Last time I saw him at Warrior Field he was hitting a homer to beat us.

Not sure who has what pitching left, but The Tigers are in the drivers seat as the only unbeaten team. I expect Guthries group to battle back tomorrow.
Noah is a player that people need to look out for. Solid stick for sure, but a does a tremendous job behind the plate. Makes me sick that I missed it as I assumed Gut would have a solid team. Again, look for these guys to be playing Sunday afternoon. Let us not discount Frozen Ropes or the Arlington Heat either.

I apologize for not knowing much about the Guthrie team other than what I have heard on Fant. I know Mullis can play and I am sure he has about 8 more that can as well, I just have not seen them play.

Good luck to Gut, as well as the Tigers, the rest of the way!

P.S. Keep your eyes on the catcher (Durland) from the Arlington Heat. Very good player!
Last edited by txbball14
Reich threw a no hitter for DBAT Guthrie yesterday against FR, and Dylan Moore ( another East Texas pitcher) just threw a one hitter for DBAT Guthrie against Arlington Heat to win 5-0. Tigers and DBAT in Championship game at 430. Two good teams, good coaches, good parents and good kids on both of these teams so it should be a very good game if both teams have any pitching left.
quote:
Originally posted by TurnTwo1:
Regional qualifier, qualifies you for the regional...

World series qualifier, qualifies you for the world series...

Ok, I feel dumb, but I will ask anyway. If anybody can go to either qualifier, why would regional qualifier matter? Guess I don't know the difference between the two types of tournaments.
If you play in the Regional Qualifier and win it, you don't have to play in a state tournament( and win that) to get in the regional tournament.You are in the regional.

If you play in the World Series Qualifier and win it, you are going to the World Series in McKinney. You don't have to play in the state or regional tournaments.

And if your team won the regional qualifier and then wins the world series qualifier, the team that was the runner up in the regional qualifier will now be in the regional and will not have to play in the state tournament.

Clear as mud right? Wink
Last edited by The Beast
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Beast:
If you play in the Regional Qualifier and win it, you don't have to play in a state tournament( and win that) to get in the regional tournament.You are in the regional.

If you play in the World Series Qualifier and win it, you are going to the World Series in McKinney. You don't have to play in the state or regional tournaments.

And if your team won the regional qualifier and then wins the world series qualifier, the team that was the runner up in the regional qualifier will now be in the regional and will not have to play in the state tournament.

Clear as mud right? Wink[/QUOTE

That was very helpful. Thank you beast.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.