Skip to main content

I am following a young man who just graduated High School in Arlington & is going now to Texas Tech. I believe him to be joining the baseball section. Does anyone know anything about beginners just starting out what basically happens? Do you know how long time would be spent there. I know absolutely nothing about moving up in the sport, but would like to learn.
I want to join the online video to watch him when he does play. Does anyone know anything about that section of the Texas Tech baseball site?
Many thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ryans#1fan,

For some reason I feel somewhat obligated to respond to your questions.

Beginners need to be in awesome physical shape when they get there. He'll get some opportunities to demonstrate his baseball skills. His role in the spring will very likely be defined by how he performs in the fall.

quote:
Do you know how long time would be spent there.

The answer to that question is just about all the time if you are asking about baseball related activities while he is at school.

Three years is also a pretty good number.

You'll have to subscribe to the online video. Just do the monthly fee for the length of the season and then cancel. Don't do the annual. That'll save you a nickel.

You can set that subscription up sometime next February. Seems like it's $10-$12 bucks per month.

It'll do in a pinch.

You can also subscribe to the Waco, Austin, and College Station versions of the online spectacular. There is some bias in those broadcasts however.

Check the spring schedule when it comes out.

You might have the opportunity to see him play in Houston, or Corpus Christi early in the spring.

They play in Fort Worh and southeast of Grand Prairie at DBU.

They also play occassionally in Waco, Austin, and College Station.

Not all that far from San Antonio really.

Don't wear anything red if you go to College Station.

The best advice I can give you is that you can observe a lot by watching.
Last edited by FormerObserver
At least 3 Flower Mound boys are playing for the RedRaiders in Brett and Bobby mentioned by WH, and Nick Popescu who is coming off a JUCO worldseries with Howard! Are there any others I am missing? I know that another Flower Mound/Howard player, Zach Neal, is pitching for OU in his junior year. Let's hear where those FM boys are playing.
Last edited by HRKB
Thank you Former Observer for your answer. Ryan is around 6'4"+ and in very good shape. He was coached the 4 yrs. in High School. I noticed that he isn't mentioned yet with the other names. I am assuming that they have to try out the new players first. I believe I read that there were 19 new players, but didn't say their names. Ryan is from Grand Prairie & I am moving right outside of Ft.Worth by the first of Oct. hopefully. I am going to be checking on the TTU web site & also join the video showing of the games too.
Does anyone know if a person is good enough, where they would go up in the baseball career after they are finished with the University?
Thanks

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.