Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by J H:

A very, very, very small few. It's still very early in the process for 2015s.

glad to hear that!  This was a program that we had communication with a few months go, saying they were interested in following  our son's progress.  Just sent them his summer schedule.  They quickly wrote back to say that they were done with 2015's.  At least they didn't leave us hanging and hoping, I guess. 

I would guess maybe for the top 10-15 programs in the nation they are done, everyone else still is looking and evaluating. Basically as you can guess it is a snowball effect. Top teams first tehm 2nd tier, then 3rd tier D1, top d2, rest of d2, etc etc etc. There certainly is  some blend but that is how I saw it fall last 2 years for 2014 class for most part.

this summer and fall is huge for D1 for 2015, vast vast majority will committ thier scholarship. I saw last year a big rush in June and then right after July 1 when coaches can actually call. At least that is true in Ohio

My son is a 2015.  This summer is the biggest for him.  I want him to enjoy it and visit as many schools as he can.  Unofficially and officially.  He's had several offers and not one coach has put on the pressure or indicated that their 2015 class is full.  I've asked this questions several times  and each one has said no.  It is not too late.  I don't understand why you would commit early...I guess if you know it's right, it's right.  

Originally Posted by Who's on First?:

My son is a 2015.  This summer is the biggest for him.  I want him to enjoy it and visit as many schools as he can.  Unofficially and officially.  He's had several offers and not one coach has put on the pressure or indicated that their 2015 class is full.  I've asked this questions several times  and each one has said no.  It is not too late.  I don't understand why you would commit early...I guess if you know it's right, it's right.  

Is it the case that if they make an offer to X, they count it as made, even if it isn't accepted?  I would assume so.  You can't give the same money twice.  So I don't see how you can offer the same money twice.  That might mean that once offers get turned down, some possibilities open up.  But I bet some places -- like the place that just told us they were done with 2015's -- get just about everybody to whom they make an offer.  

Originally Posted by Who's on First?:

I would think it's not going to be long until he starts getting pressured to make a decision....or possibly lose an offer.  Most D1's would like to have their 2015's done by the end of July so they're going to expect an answer by then so they know where they stand.   Also, with regard to visits this summer...they are all unofficial.  Can't take an official visit until classes start in the fall....which makes no sense, since the majority of kids are committed before then.  Would think that the NCAA would move the timeframe for official visits up to at least the first of July to give kids a chance to make offiicials before they commit

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.