Skip to main content

Let's see...how can I relate this to baseball.

As far as I'm concerned, they all STRUCK OUT last night. Best performance was slightly
above average.

Even though Paula is a "looker" I'd have to THROW HER OUT OF THE GAME-clueless.

As abrasive as Simon is he has probably been AROUND THE PLATE with most of his assessments.

I'm just DOG TIRED of Randy, MAN! Big Grin
I agree with Moc1. The girls do not have it this year. The 16 year old girl is beautiful but her voice isn't quite there. I don't see any Kelly Clarkson's or Carrie Underwood's in this competition.

Simon is by far the star of the show by telling it like it is. Sugar coating may make some feel good, but the real endorsement is when Simon likes you.
Katherine McPhee sounded really professional tonight and could not even answer the question posed by Ryan Seacreast: "What did you do different that prepared you tonight compared to other nights ?" guess what, she didn't know... Reminds me a great deal how many don't know how they pitch, hit, or run well. PG Jerry made an astute observation down in the Pie Throwing thread in Pitching Forum that said something to the nature of sometimes science seems to take over instead of natural aspects and I agree referring to this comparison even though singing and playing baseball are two seperate things entirely in my comparison. So what ? It's still the same. Sing song...hit ball...Do great singers and hitters "really" know how they do it ? Food for thought. Soul singer Taylor Hicks was also great. Wonder if he knows how he does it ? peace
I panicked a little when Ace was selected in the bottom three. I like him. Simon was right--his performance yesterday was his wake up call. I'm glad he has another chance.

Kevin has talent, but even more confidence, i.e., his response to Simon. But he is NOT Idol-worthy. Everyone--quit voting for him!!! nono

If it's any consolation to Kevin, my husband thinks he has a lock on playing the part of a young Rudy Guiliani in the inevitable "The Rudy Guiliani Story." clever-man2.gif
I enjoy Walk the Line by Johnny Cash very much and, just as with many past remakes, I was prepared to be dissappointed in Chris' version.

He totally floored me with his performance...he showed me just how professional he truly is...Simon was right...Chris has never comprimised...his confidence and abilities have put him in this enviable position.

I don't see him losing this competition...he's just flat out good...soaring above the others.

And as a sidebar...

I, like alot of the contestants, have not been a Barry Manilow fan...haven't paid too much attention to him even though he's been around for 35 years.

But last night, after seeing him work with each contestant, I have to respectfully change my mind about him...he really knows his trade and I have to tip my cap to him.

He wants to continue his career by helping and teaching aspiring singing stars...he's perfectly suited to do this in my mind. I found the spots on last night's telecast that showed him advising each contestant to be very enlightening.

He actually was getting the contestants to revise their approach or style in such a way as to counter most of the judges' criticisms from past performances...especially Simon's curt, but almost always correct, criticism.

good
Last edited by gotwood4sale
Daughtry's last two performances (Higher Ground and Walk the Line) could both be Top Ten hits right now in my opinion. Of all the songs I've heard come out of this show, I would REALLY like to be able to hear those two again. The guy's voice is actually unique, and far surpasses Bo Bice from last year -- and look how well Bo did / is doing.

On the other hand, Pickler is really starting to get on my nerves. I adored her in the beginning, but her goofy southern-girl act is getting really tiresome. Sorry, I know she has a lot of fans, but........

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.