Skip to main content

Roller-coaster ride we posters call baseball takes a downward plunge. I wanted to just scream, but all I could say was "you gotta be kidding me!" Going to be one of those days. And it was!

Son gets the ball in an attempt to force a 3rd game in the 1st round of our Collegiate Conference Tournament. He has the honor to represent his college by facing a senior loaded team, DIII Nationally Ranked #1 with team batting average @ 0.369.

Opposing hitters also ranked nationally in the following to name a few:
#2 Homeruns per game @ 1.18.
#3 Slugging percentage @ 0.558.
#7 Scoring, runs per game @ 9.9.
#16 Doubles per game @ 2.53.
I am sure you now have the picture.

I am confident because I know son is mentally & physically ready. Should make for good baseball.

First batter faced, 0.429 batting average. Results: strikeout! Oh, but there is a catch!
A swinging 3rd strike on a great pitch down, hits the front of homeplate & bounces over the backstop. Lead-off reaches & later scores the first run on the game.
I wanted to scream, but didn't.

Following two shut-out innings, runner on 1st (nation ranked top 100-steals) w/ 2 outs attempts steal. Son throws to 1st & a throw on to SS easily in-time for tag-out but off-line throw offers no tag, runner safe & later scores.
Again I wanted to scream, but didn't.

As I look back, I can only laugh and know it was never meant to be. God had a different plan from my dream for my son & his team. These two runs proved the difference in the game.

Hold on, don't scream, but laugh after the ride.
It is only a roller-coaster ride of a game & life has higher ups & lower downs than THE GAME.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.