Skip to main content

I am a big fan of high school sports and I was wondering if there were any future Major Leaguers out there in the Midwest that I could go watch next season! I got to see David Freese play at Lafayette High School years ago and it was a real treat getting to watch him develop from start to finish!

So, what's the buzz on next's years crop!? Smile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Steitz:
I am a big fan of high school sports and I was wondering if there were any future Major Leaguers out there in the Midwest that I could go watch next season! I got to see David Freese play at Lafayette High School years ago and it was a real treat getting to watch him develop from start to finish!

Steitz - welcome to the hsbbweb!

We have a unique culture here based on baseball camraderie and chipping in to help players and their parents get to the next level. We are not really a chest-beating forum, promotion forum, or a hyping forum for that matter. Only about 50% of 1st round draft choices ever make it to the big leagues so I am not sure how anyone knows who the future big leaguers are. There are websites out there however that do just that like Perfect Game and Baseball America and I suggest you find that information there.

In the meantime, we look forward to your contributions as it relates to the content here (e.g., college recruiting, baseball discussions in general and not so much focused on specific amateur players that none of us know).

Again welcome.
Last edited by ClevelandDad
Steitz,

Welcome! That sounds like alot of fun. When my husband and I were dating we used to go to high school games in the area. We didn't think about any of them making it to the pro's, but we just would hear about teams or players which were exciting to watch. Most of the info we got came from the larger newspapers in our area. Several players we watched have made it, and a few have made it quite big. Another idea: one high school near our town hosts a big spring tournament each year. I wish our school participated in it, but we go and watch anyway. This year the 2 boys that were drafted in the first round out of Oklahoma participated. I wasn't able to make it, but my husband went and really enjoyed himself. You might want to check out the Spring Tournament schedules in your area.

I hope you get to some good games, but in the meantime welcome to the hsbbweb!
quote:
Originally posted by Steitz:

David Freese and John Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4TbHgZsXA
Stietz, being from St. Louis too I thought that I'd share this list of 2012 baseball players in the metro STL area that have recently committed to colleges:

Nathan Adams-John Burroughs-Yale (Pirates)
Matt Dezort-Hazelwood Central-Missouri State(Pirates)
William DuPont-Lafayette-Mississippi State(Prospects)
Peter Fairbanks-Webster Groves-Missouri (Gamers)
Gerrion Grim-Fort Zumwalt South-SIUE (MO Elite)
Dan Holst-Parkway South-Texas A&M (Prospects)
Josh Moore-Pacific-St Louis U. (Prospects)
Derek Page - Edwardsville - Eastern Illinois
Bryan Ryberg-Francis Howell North-SIUE
Aaron Schnurbusch - Eureka - Missouri
Nolan Sponsler-Chaminade-Bradley (Pirates)
Sean Ullrich-Marquette-Missouri (Prospects)
Jake Walters-Vianney-Austin Peay (Pirates)

You can follow this list as it grows as others commit on the St. Louis Post's high school forum.

Here's a link-

http://interact.stltoday.com/f...574a11cd0842b6f2fc89

All of these kids are great players but I'd give Matt Dezort the highest chance of any of them to make it to the show. Five tool kid with blazing speed and unbelievable work ethic and desire. Try to make a Haz. Central game next spring.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.