Skip to main content

Just received my favorite issue of BA. Great info about all the players and where they may be drafted. Of local interest, and after only a quick perusal, Jason Kipnis from Glenbrook N and Arizona State is the 16th rated center fielder, projected to be taken in the 2nd round! Ian Kroll is the 32nd rated LHP and is projected as a fifth-/sixth round talent.

Good luck to all.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

2bagger,
Sounded off to me too. The 16th ranked CF in the second round would be before the 64th pick (unless you add the supplemental round in between). That would mean that every 4th player taken was a CF. But a 32 ranked LHP in the 5th, would mean a LHP taken every 5th pick.

I had to take my shoes off to do the math, but I checked it twice...now my head hurts.
Alright, I'll take another look and see what's up.

OK, here goes. BA has no corner outfielders projected to be taken in either the first round or in the sandwich round. There are 7 CF guys projected as first round talents, another as a sandwich pick, and 9 CF guys projected as second round talent. This is where Kipnis falls.
Last edited by itsrosy
2bagger, I understand what you're saying. Again, according to BA, there are 14 RHP projected as first round talent. There are another 7 RHP projected as sandwich picks and 9 RHP projected as second round picks. As for LHP, there are 9 projected to be first round talent, 2 more in the second round, 6 more as third/fourth, and 9 projected as fifth/sixth round talent. This is where Ian K is projected.
Last edited by itsrosy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.