Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by happyjackfilms:
Hello everyone

I'm writing a baseball screenplay. Scouting plays a big part in it. I was wondering if a scout was telling a coach about the player, would the parents personality be a question a coach want to know about?

Thank you in advance.

I don't care about the scouts, but please get the umpiring right. I hate seeing movies where umpires are stereotypical caricatures.
So how would we cast the HSBBW old timers? We're sure to be in this screenplay, right?

MN-Mom: Shelley Fabares (she played a MN Mom)
gotwood4sale: Carrot Top
TPM: Florence Henderson
TRhit: Philip Baker Hall (Mr. Bookman from Seinfeld)
ClevelandDad: Bill Cosby
biggerpapi: Any combination of Brad Pitt/George Clooney/Denzel Washington...I'm not picky.
quote:
TPM said....Florence Henderson?

biggerpapi,

Ouch! How about some real actresses for TPM? Glenn Close? Meryll Streep? Angelina Jolie? Tomb Raider was so underated, and under appreciated by the critics. It was a complex movie, with many layers and undercurrents. Big Grin

BTW - If you have a need for a sarcastic baseball scout from South Boston, I've got Matt Damon lined up to play yours truly.
Last edited by fenwaysouth
I've always admired Bill Cosby so I'll take that as a compliment biggerpapi.

MN-Mom - Francis McDermond from Fargo. I'll just bet she talks with that funny accent too Big Grin

TPM - Joan Rivers. I've seen her throw a few zingers over the years and she doesn't take any gruff from anyone Big Grin

Woodrow - Barack Obama - just to get your dander up this morning Woody Big Grin

justbb - Verner Von Braun - the rocket scientist.

hokieone - Atikus Finch.

Fungo - Smokey the Bear. Fungo loves to take pictures in the beautiful Smokey Mountains.

This game is fun!
quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
Florence Henderson?

Alright, let me explain. First of all, TPM is a mom with a child who's been through the things that my boys are going through now. I look to her for her wise experience.

I'm a child of the 70s and Carol Brady was a mom who's children would often go to for advice. Plus she was kinda hot!

Secondly, it was four o'clock in the morning and I was a bit groggy!

Shelley Fabares from Coach, right?

Bill Cosby was another fatherly, advice giving kinda guy. Plus I hear ClevelandDad loves Jello.

Then there's gruff but loveable Lt. Bookman.

Carottop with the props. Ever seen a post from gotwood without a neat picture?

As for the Pitt/Clooney/Washington likeness...well, if you've seen me, then you'd understand.
happyjack- The screenplay sounds fun. Parents play a major part in recruiting/scouting, from both a physical appearance standpoint and a personality standpoint. The word most often used amongst scouts and coaches pertaining to what you're referring to is a player's "makeup", which often times stems from their parents or guardians.

As for this thread.... Razz

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.