Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My practice is to find last year's bats on close-out sale. This year's aren't really much different, unless the paint scheme really matters to you. Last year's are still in the plastic wrap, still under warranty from the day you buy it, and often half price or less.

My son's HS bat last year cost me $100 and was just fine. Plus I just sold it for $40, so it really only cost $60 to use it all season.

Also, if you know exactly what you want, don't forget to try EBay. There are vendors on EBay selling new, in the wrapping, under warranty bats, for less than you could get them for in any store.
There's a difference between your big-box sporting goods store and a REAL sporting goods store. You won't find deals at places like Herman's or Dick's. You have to go to your local shop.

You can also get close-outs if you watch the catalogues, e.g., Baseball Warehouse or Baseball Express.

And again, do a key word search for the bat you want on EBay and see what pops up. I found a Rawlings Liquid Metal Plasma bat that way, because if you search the words "Rawlings Liquid Metal Plasma" you don't get any false hits.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.