Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by LadsDad:
Has anyone tried the new, revised Rip-It? I was wondering if it performed as well as the previous one.

My son is a senior and I would prefer not to invest $300 for a bat he will only use one season.

My son is using the new Rip It and seems to like it. He's hit a couple that short hopped the fence that would have been bombs with the old bats. So he will settle for a double instead of a roundtripper. So far so good!
Son used Rip-it all summer....loved it...so did a few of his teammates. Now at JUCO...coach said he heard the bat may not be legal. I emailed the company and here is their response:

"The 2011 Prototype was certified to meet BBCOR standards, however, we did have a handful of bats that tested .01 above the BBCOR standard.

We worked with the NCAA diligently to get all of our bats retested and re-certified. We did not alter the bat in any way for this testing. We tested them, throwing out any that did not meet the BBCOR standard.

The re-certified bat is on the NCAA approved bats list and we are more than happy to exchange it for the re-certified model, if you're more comfortable swinging that."

We'll be exchanging his for the re-certified.
Last edited by Outfielder
My boy tried a Rip-It this summer, liked it, & we have a re-cert Rip-It coming for him. My sons two best friends are over quite a bit hitting in our cage & both feel more comfortable with a more neutrally balanced bat. That brings the question, has anyone hit this summer with both a BBCOR Kelley & BBCOR Cat 5 ? Both seem to have been well balanced bats as BESR models. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by journey2

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.