Skip to main content

Since we have so many people in the same situations probably using different apps to evaluate their sons during games, I wanted to get some feedback. I personally use an app called Irake to help my son and his coaches to analyze at bats and pitching mechanics. They are an incredible benefit to improve skills. Apps like Irake seem to do the job but I figure there are others I just don't have the time to go through and learn about. What Iphone apps do you use to help your players? Anything related to coaching, training with video or keeping stats- what are the best in your opinion and why?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Our program uses Hudl (it is for iphones and androids). Hudl primarily started out for football but it supports basketball and baseball now.  I like it alot because coaches can take video, analyze (in detail, with slowing it down by frame, making notes, etc) and then send that feedback via email to the player or parents.  It can also be used for communication-I know the school district does not want coaches texting players directly....so a coach can send a mass text through Hudl that goes to parents and players...or send emails. 

Downside....it costs $ to use it as a program.  The app itself is free, but coaches pay to use it for a whole program.

Originally Posted by James G:

Our program uses Hudl (it is for iphones and androids). Hudl primarily started out for football but it supports basketball and baseball now.  I like it alot because coaches can take video, analyze (in detail, with slowing it down by frame, making notes, etc) and then send that feedback via email to the player or parents.  It can also be used for communication-I know the school district does not want coaches texting players directly....so a coach can send a mass text through Hudl that goes to parents and players...or send emails. 

Downside....it costs $ to use it as a program.  The app itself is free, but coaches pay to use it for a whole program.

I down loaded this app Hudl and when I open it it asks me for my email and password at the first screen 

I just downloaded app so I never put in password or email address did you have problems down loafing.

My son's coach turned me onto something called Ubersense. Being able to use it both on the iPhone and the PC was cool.  Being able to compare two videos side by side in frame by frame action was a great teaching tool  He could see where in his mechanics things started breaking down and I could prove to him it wasn't the umpire's fault :-)

Originally Posted by dad43:
Originally Posted by James G:

I down loaded this app Hudl and when I open it it asks me for my email and password at the first screen 

I just downloaded app so I never put in password or email address did you have problems down loafing.

You do have to go to Hudl.com to purchase it and sign up first.  Sorry, I tried explaining that originally in that it does cost money for a program to use.  A head coach can then add additional coaches and players (do this all from the website).  Then once it is set up, you can download the app and login to take video, upload video, send messages to teams, etc.

Originally Posted by JohnF:

My son's coach turned me onto something called Ubersense. Being able to use it both on the iPhone and the PC was cool.  Being able to compare two videos side by side in frame by frame action was a great teaching tool  He could see where in his mechanics things started breaking down and I could prove to him it wasn't the umpire's fault :-)

I've been using Ubersense for about two years now.  It is great....and free!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.