Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Speaking of Bishop Sullivan, the stats are not even close. Most games don't even have stats. They have only entered stats for 7 games (1/2 of what they have played). Especially for the Swoope brothers the last 7 games would put their BA in the .450 range or better. On the pitching side (my son being one of them) if you look at win-lose without showing ERA, errors, walks etc....it looks really bad to college coaches that keep track of progress through stats.
quote:
Originally posted by mathews41:
If the coaches are to decide who the TCIS all conference players are from stats alone it looks like the whole Bishop Sullivan team will have a hard time makeing the all conference selection list. They all/ the team seem to be haveing a down year. With the team high batting avg being a .267.

I noticed that as well. Not sure if the stats on MaxPreps are as well reported as in the past. I think the players stats are actually higher; somewhere between .267 and the off the chart stats that parents report. Smile

Your point is well taken though. The coaches don't realize that they aren't helping their players by not keeping the stats up.
Last edited by birddog
From a different thread...

Regardless of whether you think these players are first team or second team. The coaches believe that these are the best players in the TCIS. Congratulations to the kids.

First Team
Jack Wynkoop, Cape Henry
Tyler Rameriz, Cape Henry
Robby Lathrop, Greenbrier
Anthony Waldner, Nansemond-Suffolk
Kyle Rosso, Norfolk Collegiate
Matt Matthews, Greenbrier
Taylor Edens, Nansemond-Suffolk
Sean Poppen, Cape Henry
James Bedi, Greenbrier
Mitch Owens, Walsingham

Second Team
Bryce Myers, Greenbrier
Jared Mitchell, Greenbrier
Colin Ballard, Cape Henry
Jeff Swoope, Bishop Sullivan
Steven Swoope, Bishop Sullivan
Nick Ott, Bishop Sullivan
Sean Frazier, Norfolk Collegiate
Brian Vincent, Hampton Roads Academy
Henry Hill, Hampton Roads Academy
Dylan Cheely, Walsingham
Ross Kazakis, Norfolk Academy
Davis Bailey, Norfolk Christian
Last edited by mathews41
quote:
Originally posted by headinghome:
Yes, Congratulations to these players and their families. It looks like the TCIS will be losing a ton of talented players to graduation this year.

Yes, many talented players heading to the next level from this list. BTW, your squad was one of the most improved teams I saw this year. Looks like you have some young guys coming up; hang in there.
Last edited by birddog

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.