Skip to main content

Yep, it happened. 3000 hits for Biggio...who in my opinion is the definition of a "ballplayer".

What a great moment to watch. As I did, I was wondering what was going on in his mind. Of coarse his family was there for him, then Bagwell came out with him as Biggio wanted to share the moment with him.

Just makes you wonder, will there ever be another player to get 3000 hits in his career with one team?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Old Pitcher:
KG.....I saw it as well.......a special moment for him and his family. It was neat to watch, I enjoyed it as well. As you said, if you look up ballplayer in the dictionary, you should find his picture.

First base coach should have made him stay at first though...........

Come on.....out of all folks you should know this one.....

Down by 1 run late in ball game........

Tying run on second with 2 outs........

Runner should always try to draw throw to second in order for the tying run to score with no throw.

If he stays at first, possible throw home gets him........

Then your still down by 1 late in the game.

Probably not in this situation but it's just part of the game to do so to make sure.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
quote:
Originally posted by Glove Man:
as soon as it left the bat I jumped up and started clapping just like I was at the ballpark.

Funny, I remember growing up a Dodger fan and watching Gibson hit his historic homer against the A's in the 1988 World Series.

When he hit it, you would have thought I was on deck.

I remember running around the house screaming with tears in my eyes.
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
quote:
Originally posted by Glove Man:
as soon as it left the bat I jumped up and started clapping just like I was at the ballpark.

Funny, I remember growing up a Dodger fan and watching Gibson hit his historic homer against the A's in the 1988 World Series.

When he hit it, you would have thought I was on deck.

I remember running around the house screaming with tears in my eyes.

KG....I remember that like it was yesterday. Incredible stuff......historic stuff really!!
Take if from someone who was lucky enough to be at the game to witness a piece of history - it was truly a magical night! Biggio was so emotional after 3000 with his family & teammates all on the field. The entire bullpen came out from the outfield as well. When he stepped out of the dugout with Bagwell, the fans went wild! He then went on to hit #3001 and #3002, always hustling. B-I-G-G-I-O had an incredible night with 5 straight hits. How often do you ever see that? Carlos Lee's grand slam was icing on the cake but the night belonged to Biggio!
Last edited by BaseballFan58
quote:
First base coach should have made him stay at first though...........

OP, Bigg, made said he preferred his 3000th hit to be a double, there was no way Jose Cruz could have stopped him from rounding first and heading to second, aside from tackling him, and i'm not even sure that would've worked....remember Earl Campbell.... it would have looked something like that! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
Does Biggio go to the HOF?

I think so

He will be there. And because he is there it will make more sense that others are not. Some folks don't belong in that class no matter what their accomplishments on the field. The HOF should be something held in high regard and will be even more so when he's there. Anyone inducted should bring it to a higher level of respect. Biggio will certainly do that in my eyes.

I only wish he had another 10 years in him so my boy could grow up watching him play. You wont find a better example of how to handle the blessing of having that kind of talent.

Thanks Mr. Biggio. Great Job!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.