Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I can't believe the people of this area "overlooked" his past when they were giving him money for lessons and playing on his teams ! That boggles my mind. He basically got fired from VWC for the othwer incident in the Church parking lot behind the field and it really should come as no surprise him getting caught again. Makes you wonder how many went unreported. I for one, do not think that type of person should be around kids and hope this one is not "swept" under the carpet again. As far as baseball goes, it should be a lesson learned for a proper background check prior to trusting people with kids. It's a shame the world has come to this, but it should be realized as the way things are now. Wasn't in my day and the baseball coach was thought of in high regard. But maybe these things did happen and just went unreported.
I am truly sorry for the young girl and her family. All we can hope for is that justice is done this time on the 3rd try.
I have known Bobby for over 10 yrs. For the past 10 years he has plucked the nerves of many people on and off of the field. Hampton Roads has a tight knit baseball community and it is ashame that someone like him has ruined it for many of us. I think there should be background checks, but he should never, ever, ever be allowed to be around you kids again. Girl or boy. I am really surprised a father has not taken a fungo bat to his knees. I am not trying to promote violence, but I have a daughter and I do not know how I would react. Maybe he will find a mate in jail where he belongs.
Last edited by Wisebball19

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.