Skip to main content

Itsrosy once described the hsbaseballweb as a “cozy couch” that we all want to wrap ourselves up in. Certainly that was once the feeling I gained each time I logged on. Things have changed both in how I view the hsbaseballweb and how I am viewed. Serving as a moderator isn’t easy and especially so in the Illinois Forum. I would like to make all aware of the following. First, as a moderator, I’ve never deleted a thread without first sending a pm to the person that created the thread. Several of you can vouch for this. Having said that, I can’t think of many I’ve deleted at all. The same can be said with one exception of any thread I’ve edited. Next, I’ve never banned any person from this site AND DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SO.. Oh yes, I’ve had several conflicts but never have I taken that action. In all conflicts that I've been involved in beginning with my conflict with Teacherman to the latest, I've asked that others moderate those incidence in keeping with the intent of the site. Itsrosy does the same.

I don’t have any stake in the yearly wars about which program in the Chicagoland is better than the other. In the past few days, I've received pms on both sides of the travel team wars. I view those arguments with absolute impartiality and do what I have to do. When I have to use my powers as a moderator, it is simply for the good of the site. It is rather difficult at time to have pms continually asking “why did you delete my …? What then are my reasons for my participation here? Simply put, I have one agenda: My players/our players. Your child, my child, or the players each of us are privileged to coach. I use this website to enable those collegiate coaches out there to determine for themselves if they think that any player from my team/area teams is prepared for college ball. I use this site to get them invited to showcases, on the best travel teams in our area and to gain knowledge to make me a better coach. I've always tried to serve as a voice of reason and not an antagonist. I have tried to offer help be it my "stuff" or make a contact or...

Apparently many do not view me in this light. Therefore, if either through my participation as a member of this baseball community or as a moderator on this site, IF I HAVE OFFENDED YOU (ANY AND ALL) IN ANY WAY, I APOLOGIZE PUBLICALLY FOR DOING SO.

Spring will be just around the corner and I eagerly await doing what I love the most besides being with my child and wife - BASEBALL.

TO ALL

TAKE CARE!

"Failure depends upon people who say I can't."  - my dad's quote July 1st, 2021.  CoachB25 = Cannonball for other sites.

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

CoachB25, I do not think an apology is required here. I always enjoy reading your stuff. You and Rosy are doing your best and that is all you can do.

In a nut shell, since last summer, it has just grown stale around here. There has been to much brow beating and bullying going on. The result is a lot less posters, both players and parents, who have just given up and moved on.

People be nice. It is not that hard. Have fun with your posts. Read everything you can to learn here, because the content throughout this site can help you. Just ignore the rest.
Dear CoachB25,

As one of the members who send you a message asking "why did you delete", I, too, do not believe you need to apologize to anyone about anything here.....

In my case, MnMom explained that the machine was broke and after a swift kick, it worked again. I wish all of my problems could be solved as easily as that.

It really isn't pleasant to read this forum and discover that it is one big argument full of bickering. As I say to my junior high students--If I wanted to hear arguing, I'd stay home. And that is how I feel about this. So bottom line, I don't like to come in here very often. Sad--we are still involved with high school baseball and I enjoy reading about the boys we've played with and against for a long time.

My family appreciates what you do, not only for all of us who read the Illinois Forum, but for all that you do for your students. I know it's a tough job, and although "someone has to do it", it doesn't have to be you. Thank you for volunteering your time.

Thank you, too, itsrosy. We need you.

Last edited by play baseball
CoachB25,

It is hard to imagine that you would owe an apology to anyone. You are one of the nicest people I have met through this site, and one of the most caring and generous in giving your time to help players and parents, even helping other coaches by sharing coaching materials and ideas.

I sincerely wish that my son had had an opportunity to play for a coach like you, who not only knows the game and teaches it, but also works hard to help his players get to "the next level" if that is their goal.

Thank you again, as I have said several times before, for being such a dedicated and caring moderator, in one of the most active and challenging forums of the site.

Julie
Last edited by MN-Mom
I too think that coachb25 does a great job.
I, however, like to read the arguments as well as which players are doing well and what teams will be good during the season. If you don't like a thread, go to the next one. I just think it is crossing the line when people talk about the relative skills of someone's kid when they are upset about something totally different. Leave the kids and personal attacks out of it.
Last edited by MN-Mom
CoachB25 has my full support as well and there are no apologies necessary. People are judged on their body of work. In that light, the Coach has been an outstanding presence here on the hsbbweb. Lets not let a few bad apples push him away from our great community.

One side note - I read the Illinois forum often and participate occasionally. I have been told that what appears as hostile banter may actually be good natured kidding. Whatever it is, please be mindful that friendliness toward others is appreciated as well.
bballdad1954...

We are, as usual, on the same wave length!

Some of the young whippersnappers (and a few of the old ones) on this site simply don't understand "banter".

Being a baseball site, this is surprising to say the least. I can only assume that many of the offended parties and for sure some of the offenders....haven't spent much time in a dug out.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but to me, the back and forth, good natured ribbing that seems to go with hot dogs and stolen bases is one of the many reasons to participate here at the HSbaseball web!
Last edited by soxnole
CoachB25,

You don’t owe anyone an apology. You have my utmost respect and support.

It has been said by a good friend, a moderator, and a well respected member of this site, that the Illinois Forum is perceived as the toughest forum on the HSBBW… with Texas a close second. I was surprised when he said that… I didn’t see it. I look at it as the banter in a lively locker room, trading pit, or dinner table of a large family… not to be taken too seriously… like all the talk about the Cubs having a team this year.

The moderators have a tuff job at times keeping the peace… I for one do not envy you. At times you must feel like Will Kane (Gary Cooper), the marshal of Hadleyville in the movie “High Noon”. Who would blame you for throwing you badge in the infield dust and riding off into left field…

Personally I’ve got to blame Woody… first he won’t post to defend himself (so why not blame him) and second if he had the ability to post his comic relief would have kept cooler heads… on second thought I can’t blame Woody… I blame REX!!!!!! crazy

God Bless Coach… may it rain just enough to keep the infield dust down…

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.