Skip to main content

My son attended an Impact Baseball Showcase at Duke in June and recently received an invitation from Coastal Carolina (signed by the assistant baseball coach)to go to their "2005 Chanticleer Select" from July 29 - July 31 that is held at their baseball field. Can anyone give me some input on this event? Would this be a worthwhile event? Any comments/opinions welcome. Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Any opportunity to be seen, if you can afford it, increases the likelyhood someone may see your son and like him. That said, for the most part college camps are designed to susidize the salary of the coaches, who are mostly underpaid at the college level. In fact this was the subject (underpaid) of a recent thread on Gary Gilmore from Coastal.

Coastal has a nice program and by most accounts is a good staff. If Coastal is a school your son is interested in by all means attend. Even if he's not interested and just likes to get out and play and see where he stacks up to others that's great. You never know when you'll get that eye opening tip on how to improve your swing or pitching delivery etc.

Sometimes these camps serve to bolster a kids confidence because he got that tip or was reinforced about some good things he was doing or maybe he leaves saying "dad I can play with those kids".

CONFIDENCE MEANS ALOT and DEFINATELY in BASEBALL. How much is it worth to get it???

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.