Skip to main content

Hampden-Sydney dropped a 6-2 decision to the University of Mary Washington Eagles. Josh Michaels (Warren County) had 3 hits and Todd Harrell (Nansemond-Suffolk) added 2 hits for the Tigers. UMW JR Chase Townsend (Greenbriar Christian) went 3-3 at the plate with a walk. He also added 2 rbi's. Hitting must run in the Townsend family...In my early years I played against Towny and he could hit with the best...now his son is playing against mine... it doesn't look like things have change a bit.... Mary Washington improved their record to 10-5-1 while the Tigers dropped to 12-12.

@ Shenandoah Wed and home against Ferrum Thursday
ODAC DH @ Guilford this Saturday

fc v dad
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have been very proud of my brother (Chase). He carries an almost 4.0 GPA at a good university like Mary Washington. He will be a four year starter by the end of it and will probably hold a few school records. I've always been a little jealous of his size, speed, build, arm velocity, etc... I seemed to have gotten the raw deal on that end of the family tree.
CNU (18-8) jumps out to a 10-0 lead, then hangs on for a 10-8 win over Virginia State University in Petersburg.

Very nice campus, but baseball field needs serious work.

CNU hosts Ferrum this weekend. These two, along with Methodist, are in a 3 way tie for the conference regular season title, and the all important tournament first round bye. All have 4 conference games left.
Wed night Hampden-Sydney defeated Shenandoah 6-1....D Toney (Lee-Davis) 3 run homer in the 5th broke a 1-1 tie. Fr Robbie Bailey (Hermitage) pick up the win.

Today H-SC defeated Ferrum 8-7 in 10 innings. Former Mills Godwin Cf Luke Swiney hit a base loaded double in the 5th to bring Sydney back from a 6 run deficit. Luke had the game winning hit in the bottom of the 10th. The Tigers improved their record to 14-12.
Last edited by Former Member
CNU and Ferrum split over the weekend, so with two games left before the Tourny, 3 teams tied for first (CNU, Methodist, Ferrum), and two teams are 1 game back-5 teams have a shot at the regular season title (and the even more important first round tournament bye) going into the final weekend of conference regular season play. Methodist may have the upper hand as they swept CNU so in a three way head to head, they'd prevail.

Kudos to Ferrum on Sunday: CNU was down 2-1 in bottom of ninth but got the first two runners on with no outs and Ferrum pulled off 3 straight sweet defensive plays to hold on in a huge game.

An extremely balanced conference this year.
Hi Jay, Ferrum has a couple of more Valley kids doing well for them. P/1B Ryan Cooper and freshman 2B Daniel Heatwole are both from the Valley.

JT, My wife and I were down at LC on Saturday. We ended up having a nice picnic lunch with the team. Can't make it down today. LC has a very attractive campus!
Last edited by zeke
Just catching up on this past weekends game. Guilford rallied to defeat H-S in game one when Davis & Schlesinger homered to begin the 7th and Chad Bone's 2 out double won it for Guilford 5-4. A Denale (Patuxent MD) hit his 1st collegian homer. In game two Josh Michaels had 4 hits while Daniel Hadra pitched another solid game for Sydney as they took game two 6-5.

fc v dad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.