Skip to main content

I was just looking at bats on justbats.com, and noticed a disclaimer under all of the composite bats....**This Bat May Not Be Legal In College Play For The 2010 Season**....

I think this is the first I have heard that composite bats may be banned in 2010. Does anyone know if this is true, or when the decision may be made? Would it apply to highschool also?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Very confusing. To answer your question, the 2010 Voodoo is allowed in Arizona this year since it's an aluminum bat.

COLLEGE - ALL BESR BATS (including Composite) are OUTLAWED for this season. Only BBCOR Bats will be allowed going forward.

CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL (CIF) - ALL Aluminum BESR Bats and composites not on the following list are outlawed NFHS. The composites that are on the list are only exempt for this year. In 2012 NO composite bats will be allowed.

ALL OTHER STATES HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL - BESR Aluminum bats are allowed in 2011. Only BESR Composite bats on the site above are allowed. In 2012 only BBCOR bats will be allowed.

Hope this makes sense.....it makes for an uneven playing field in California this year.
Thanks guys for your answers.

For me, this means I bought a $300 bat that can be used for one season. I plan to melt it down and erect a small statue of my son from the resulting smelt.

Then I'll buy still another $300 bat for next season. He needs a D1 75% scholarship for me to even get close to even, assuming he stays 4 years.

I'm sure I'm not alone...
quote:
Originally posted by tlbaseball:
Very confusing. To answer your question, the 2010 Voodoo is allowed in Arizona this year since it's an aluminum bat.

COLLEGE - ALL BESR BATS (including Composite) are OUTLAWED for this season. Only BBCOR Bats will be allowed going forward.

CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL (CIF) - ALL Aluminum BESR Bats and composites not on the following list are outlawed NFHS. The composites that are on the list are only exempt for this year. In 2012 NO composite bats will be allowed.

ALL OTHER STATES HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL - BESR Aluminum bats are allowed in 2011. Only BESR Composite bats on the site above are allowed. In 2012 only BBCOR bats will be allowed.

Hope this makes sense.....it makes for an uneven playing field in California this year.

A comment and a question...

I believe that there are some differences from state to state, so you might want to confirm with your state's governing body for HS. I believe there are some differences between what is allowed in VA and what is listed as allowed on the NHSF site.

Question - when you say college, do you mean NCAA? Or is the change valid for NCAA, NAIA and JuCos?

Getting tired of the cold...ready for baseball...
quote:
I believe there are some differences between what is allowed in VA and what is listed as allowed on the NHSF site.

That is correct.

We had a good thread about it in the Va section.

Va stood hard and fast on the composite bat. No composite bat is allowed in Va unless it is BBCOR certified and stamped. No exceptions.

As mentioned, the best idea for players/parents is to go to your individual state HS rules site because it could be different than what the NFHS is doing by allowing some BESR certified composite bats for the 2011 season. I think that move has caused a tremendous amount of unnecessary confusion for anyone with a HS age player but it is what it is now.

http://www.baseball-teams.com/...News_detail&ID=40196

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.