Skip to main content

June 9 Update
According to Corpus Christi Caller Times story thursday, Calallen P Rob Zastryzny has thrown 277 pitches in going 2-1 in playoff games last Friday, Saturday and Wednesday.. We're waiting word if he'll start or relieve in Thursday's 4A state final<P>

Original postMisread a text.. Calallen started senior Rob Zastryzny for Game 3 game against Lake Travis on Sat. night. Zastryzny started and took loss with about 80 pitchers in Game 1 loss FRIDAY nite...

Calallen won Game 2 earlier Sat. to force Game 3.. Still not a good thing.. pitcher going back to back days as starter..

of course the kid can do it now.. you can smoke for about 40 years too before you see what u've done

He's a Missouri signee.. Calallen wins,
Game 3, 1-0, to go to state
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

R U Serious! C U at state. Unless ur team lost. Don't hate on what we do. For the last 17yrs South Texas especially Corpus Christi baseball has been there. We represent. We only missed 1 yr in 2001. With our population being under 300,000 whats your excuse. If ur city is too big do it like L A Calif. where there is a city championship. Win or Lose we are always there but this time 5a and 4a. Congrats to C.C. Carroll and C.C. Calallen 15 miles apart. WE DO REPRESENT. By the way dont smoke for 40 yrs its worse than pitching 2 games in 2 days. Academics is the best for these talented baseball players. You make the big leagues great my hats of to them but if they dont Academics baby. The real world. Robs Z. got a full ride over there just like Michael Franco from C.C. Moody. Austin Tx. baby. I'm not mad just telling the truth. Enough crying bring it on. By the way goodnite Rockwall Heath welcome Frisco Wakeland. Congrats Frisco 2 Big games. WOW big stats. Gonna be a great semi-final Calallen vs. Frisco. Also Brenham vs. WF Ryder. C U there for both games. By the way I'm a C.C. Moody fan but more a fan of Corpus Christi baseball. By the way Rob Z and the Cats will do whatever it takes to take it all. Gracias Adios.
quote:
Originally posted by dallasblog.com:
Misread a text.. Calallen started senior Rob Zastryzny for Game 3 game against Lake Travis on Sat. night. Zastryzny started and took loss with about 80 pitchers in Game 1 loss FRIDAY nite...

Calallen won Game 2 earlier Sat. to force Game 3.. Still not a good thing.. pitcher going back to back days as starter..

of course the kid can do it now.. you can smoke for about 40 years too before you see what u've done

quote:
Originally posted by el pistola:
R U Serious! C U at state. Unless ur team lost. Don't hate on what we do. For the last 17yrs South Texas especially Corpus Christi baseball has been there. We represent. We only missed 1 yr in 2001. With our population being under 300,000 whats your excuse. If ur city is too big do it like L A Calif. where there is a city championship. Win or Lose we are always there but this time 5a and 4a. Congrats to C.C. Carroll and C.C. Calallen 15 miles apart. WE DO REPRESENT. By the way dont smoke for 40 yrs its worse than pitching 2 games in 2 days. Academics is the best for these talented baseball players. You make the big leagues great my hats of to them but if they dont Academics baby. The real world. Robs Z. got a full ride over there just like Michael Franco from C.C. Moody. Austin Tx. baby. I'm not mad just telling the truth. Enough crying bring it on. By the way goodnite Rockwall Heath welcome Frisco Wakeland. Congrats Frisco 2 Big games. WOW big stats. Gonna be a great semi-final Calallen vs. Frisco. Also Brenham vs. WF Ryder. C U there for both games. By the way I'm a C.C. Moody fan but more a fan of Corpus Christi baseball. By the way Rob Z and the Cats will do whatever it takes to take it all. Gracias Adios.
quote:
Misread a text.. Calallen started senior Rob Zastryzny for Game 3 game against Lake Travis on Sat. night. Zastryzny started and took loss with about 80 pitchers in Game 1 loss FRIDAY nite...

Now thats what I'm talkin' bout mang. Nobody messes with South Texas. They do what they gots to do. Rob Z on the microphone. Represent.
quote:
Originally posted by el pistola:
quote:

Here's from the Austin American Statesman story:

"Zastryzny overwhelmed the Cavaliers Saturday despite numbness in his left arm that subsided in the fourth inning."

Nice coaching... why don't we put football players in black helmets and deny water during August practices to make sure they're tough enough... but, of course, we don't understand the situation like Calallen insiders do and what's 160 pitches in less than 24 hours when We can C U at state!

Zastryzny (15-1) struck out 13 in the win over Lake Travis.. This will leave a mark on whatever anyone think about Calallen..
Last edited by dallasblog.com
"very few get full rides"....maybe so if you're from a school that doesn't excel year in, year out. At Calallen it's not so uncommon. I would more than bet that Rob Z. got a full ride. John got a full ride to OU last year and I'm sure Duke did too when he signed.

As for the pitch count...hopefully Rob will be fine and that is an isolated incident. I was told that you couldn't drag him off the mound, though....
quote:
Originally posted by 4AWildcast:
"very few get full rides"....maybe so if you're from a school that doesn't excel year in, year out. At Calallen it's not so uncommon. I would more than bet that Rob Z. got a full ride. John got a full ride to OU last year and I'm sure Duke did too when he signed.

As for the pitch count...hopefully Rob will be fine and that is an isolated incident. I was told that you couldn't drag him off the mound, though....

You need to check your logic on that. So you're saying all Calallen players get large percentage scholarships because they played at a good high school program? Please tell me that's not what you're saying...please.

You've got some learning to do my friend.
quote:
So you're saying all Calallen players get large percentage scholarships because they played at a good high school program?

quote:
You need to check your logic on that. So you're saying all Calallen players get large percentage scholarships because they played at a good high school program? Please tell me that's not what you're saying...please.

You've got some learning to do my friend.

I wouldn't have to tell what I was saying if you would READ it. No where did I say ALL Calallen players.

Looks like you've got some learning to do my friend.....as in learning to read.
I think the point was that the top players from these strong programs (not just in CC) can consider several offers. And there is a possibilty that these guys received 100% or nearly 100% scholarship. As I mentioned and kirk re-iterated, the chance that it is all athletic money is slim -- but that's not really important to dad and mom, is it? Smile I wish these kids success....especially future Tigers! As many of us have found, pitching in the Big 12 (or 14 or 16) is a different challenge.
Knowing Rob Z - he probably didn't want to come off the mound - sure hope his arm is ok - I know he is excited about playing at mizzou.
Stamford's ace pitcher apparently pitches 1st and 3rd game of series as the norm....reportedly threw 140 in 1st game and somewhere around 90 in the 3rd game against Miles. Guess it works to get you to state - hope they haven't ruined villanueva's arm.
Calallen's Zasty pitched a complete game over Wakeland in Wednesday semifinal... he's a missouri signee (what's left of him)... so that's about 230 pitches in 6 days... even Nolan Ryan only advocates 120 pitches every 4 days and he's a mule..

I'd say good luck to Brenham, but it's baseball history is fraught with the same abuse of jon peters... oh yeah remember him... barely get it to home plate when he showed up for Aggies after his high school career...

Can we get Zasty to start Thursday night? Not against the rules and he says he can go...and apparently Zasty is in charge and not the coach or school
quote:
Can we get Zasty to start Thursday night? Not against the rules and he says he can go...and apparently Zasty is in charge and not the coach or school

You've talked to him? You need to drop it...you look like a fool.

Of course everyone is concerned about the well-being of all players. No one....NO ONE...would intentionally jeopardize a players health. And for you to think otherwise is ridiculous. There's always going to be controversy when you're consistently at the top. If it weren't this 'pitching' controversy, it'd be something else. We've heard it all.
quote:
You WOULD and ARE jeopardizing a player's health

I'm with you Blog. No respectable program would have a kid throw that many pitches back to back; just ridiculous. And, any "poster" on here who supports that decision is an even bigger bonehead. Someone "down there" needs to jerk a knot in someone's a**.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.