Skip to main content

There is an ole saying that former Big League player and personal friend taught me many years ago he said he learned directly from Henry Aaron in spring training when he played for Atlanta Braves. My friend's name is Tommy Dunbar and he lives in Aiken, SC where I played college and he helped me a great deal to become a great hitter. "Cut The Hawk" means to hit absolute bomb hit into and against the wind that defies all odds by beating the wind for HR!!!!! That ball the NC player Tim Federowicz just launched qualifies for sure without a doubt
as a CUT THE HAWK homerun!! I am honored to share this verbal expression with the HSBBW messageboard and remember, this saying came directly from the owner of 755 homeruns and HOF King, Mr Henry Aaron himself, and you can say you heard it here thanks to that bomb the whole nation/world just witnessed off the bat of that Tar Heel RHH!!! Peace, Shep
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Tim played for the Bayside Yankees last summer. Luckily I didn't face him. My friend played for them and said he was legit, and I was like ok ok. But that was a bomb last night. He's a Freshman All-American also, and if you're a catcher with that kind of power, wow.

That probably would have been out even with a wood bat, which is a whole other subject in the collegiate game. Even still, a bomb.
rz1:

quote:
Originally posted by rz1:
Thanks Shepster for a good new phrase.

At the same, due to the aging process and the fact the memory bank is full, for every new phrase I learn, something old falls off the back end. I hope it wasn't important.

Don't worry rz..it wasn't important...I was following behind you and the only thing that fell off was another remark about cutting.

Something tells me that since you're from America's Dairyland that your phrase won't be lost for long...I mean really...Cut the Cheese is nearly the Wisconsin State motto!

Just a little story about Tim. Last year while catching a HS game at Apex HS he took a ball off the thumb and told his coach he couldn't catch but he could play the outfield. He goes out there and dives into the fence trying to make a catch. He gashes his head open and needs several stitches. While at the ER getting his head worked on the doctor notices his thumb is swollen up pretty bad. They take xrays and find that it is broken! Tim is one tough kid and a heck of a player. When he was a Jr in HS one of our coaches was coaching him in our state games for Jrs and Sophs. The team is out of pitching and Tim walks up and says "Coach I can pitch I just never get a chance because Im needed behind the plate for our high school team. The kid goes out and bust's 90 plus on the gun from the hill. Very talented player who can flat out mash.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.