Skip to main content

The Dallas Patriots will be hosting tryouts on August 8th for the fall season.

Where: Premier Baseball Academy (2621 Summit Ave. Ste #200 Plano, Tx. 75074)
972-398-3676
When: August 8th
Ages 6u-13u Noon - 3pm
Ages 14u-18u 3:30pm-6:30pm
(playing age is a year older than what you played this summer)

*All players should be dressed in propper baseball attire*

*No cleats*

Please go to www.dallaspatriots.com and click on the link "tryouts" to fill out a player profile.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bmcfadd:
The Dallas Patriots will be hosting tryouts on August 8th for the fall season.

Where: Premier Baseball Academy (2621 Summit Ave. Ste #200 Plano, Tx. 75074)
972-398-3676
When: August 8th
Ages 6u-13u Noon - 3pm
Ages 14u-18u 3:30pm-6:30pm
(playing age is a year older than what you played this summer)

*All players should be dressed in propper baseball attire*

*No cleats*

...because you'll be out behind the building in the parking lot trying to showcase your skill on concrete!
last year the msl had at least 3 or 4 patriots. I heard they had to quit the DP in order to play. heard many more might this year, but maybe just a rumor. Why they just dont do wants best for the players i will never know.

Man the DBAT love in here is thick!!!

Guess everyone else just should stop playing anywhere else, because DBAT is the only group in town that does what is best for the players.

MSL is the only place to get seen I guess and the scouts will no doubt go nowhere else.

PLEASE!!!!

The MSL is no doubt a great place to be seen, but far fron the only thing out there.
Too much emphasis and worry from parents about how many scouts are going to be at a game IMO. It is a good selling point for MSL or any other league however and I think intentions are good. But, if I remember correctly, kids were still given offers to schools and were drafted every year long before MSL or any other "Scout League" came along. Play and perform during the high school season and really concentrate on being your best during the summer select season and everything else will take care of itself. Along the way learn to play the game right, and be a "team" player as these 2 things will take players a lot further than whatever fall league they play in. JMO.
First off, you guys are making the assumption that the MSL is DBAT and you are wrong. DBAT is one of many partners in the league like FT Worth Cats, Arlington A's, Diamond Jacks, TX Boom, D-Backs, and about 4 more organizations. So say what you want but pick up the phone and call these other guys and ask them if they felt that this was only a DBAT league. Also ask them if it was a good thing for their players last year. The Patriots and the Tigers were asked for 3 straight years to join the league with the other organizations and declined 3 straight times. They will not be asked again.

I think they also do a good job with what they do and they also have value in what they do for their players. I just know what we do in the "FALL" is better. This is America and having choices is good. Plenty of room for everyone. I hope everyone has a successful fall in whatever they choose to do. This year the MSL will be stronger then ever we have had players from Houston, Austin, OK, La, Panhandle, and all over East TX already contact us. Come out and watch it should be GREAT.... Thanks Again CG
Last edited by KCR
Just an observation....in the last couple of weeks the Wranglers, Spikes, Tigers and Patriots have all promoted tryouts via a Texas Forum thread. The only organization to get berated for using the Texas Forum for this purpose is the Patriots. One can only assume that the Patriots must be doing something right for all of the "haters" to surface and question not only promoting tryouts, but how and where they conduct their tryouts.
Doubleday, I am not sure why the Patriots have try outs indoors but it might have something to do with their last outdoor tryout two years ago at Naaman Forest. They had appx 2-300 kids age 8-9 to 14 on that field...it was a total fiasco mess. Do you know how long it took those kids to get their bags through the bleachers and dugout? About 45 minutes. Parents were filling out paper work all over the place...not enough clip boards, not enough pens, it was a zoo. Their were kids literally all over the field. Then the tryouts started, a joke, each kid in his age group got three throws from right field to second and third. Then three throws from ss to 1st. Then, 10 swings at the plate, over, done! If you wanted to try out for pitcher after three hours of tryouts you could. Now when one group was trying out the other two hundred kids were standing around picking their noses and playing air guitar. It lasted 3-4 hours. It was comical. After that day it is my belief that they started the indoor tryouts, which are even more frustrating. Why they didn't break it up between 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14's at different times is beyond me. Many many kids did not get a fair shake that day. I believe they are a decent organization and we have friends that play for them, but after that day, they lost me forever. jmho.
quote:
Originally posted by doubleday:
Just an observation....in the last couple of weeks the Wranglers, Spikes, Tigers and Patriots have all promoted tryouts via a Texas Forum thread. The only organization to get berated for using the Texas Forum for this purpose is the Patriots. One can only assume that the Patriots must be doing something right for all of the "haters" to surface and question not only promoting tryouts, but how and where they conduct their tryouts.

Hang in there Doubleday. Sometimes life ain't fair. Time heals everything.
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
hahahahahahaha
Good to see that things never change.
D-Bat love
Patriot hate

it's playoff time!

A few years ago it was DBAT love, Dragon love, Mustang hate and Tiger hate.....

What happened to the Dragons anyway....?

P.S. This thread has gotten off track but hey look at it as a bunch of bonus bumps for the Patriot try-outs. Smile
Last edited by cheapseats
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
All is well. LIL JAFO is done. Just to many injuries. Stops being fun it's time to stop. g
Got some college out of it though..... = BONUS!

Looks like another showdown today at Naaman Forest!

Reminds me of the good ol days!

Be well my friend.

JAFO it will never be like the good old days, there was non of this social networking and we settled all the talk on the field and not on the computer. Plus as many times as our teams battled we always respected each other on and off the field. That does not happen today.
Last edited by SWAC

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.