Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SF newspapers are reporting he admitted in GJ testimony to taking steroids. He sz he didn't know what trainer gave him was steroids. So now, the only question is not has he taken steroids but did he think or know he was.
Anyone who thinks a world-class athlete doesn't know what he's putting in his body is crazy. If he didn't know, did he think the staggering change in his physique and hr totals was a result of arthritis cream or do most men from age 35-40 increase their muscularity 30-50 % and have their hat size increase by 2 sizes??
You can also say the same for McGwire, Sosa, Maris and Ruth -- shall we go on---there are also many others who have career years---remember steve Billo who average over 50 diners a year in the minors and then couldn't hit the curveball in the bigs

Many guys have "career " years and nobody asked them why-- they say it was just a fluke
Bonds has admitted to taking the stuff. He just now claims he didn't know what it was. His good friend just gave it to him so he took it without questioning biglaugh

Sheffield admits to using the stuff, upon Bonds' recommendation, but he didn't know what it was biglaugh

Big Mac admits to taking stuff, but it hadn't been banned yet so it was ok Roll Eyes

Caminitti, Canseco and Giambi have just flat out admitted it without any BS excuses, feigned ignorance etc.

BTW what did Babe Ruth do except eat too many hot dogs biglaugh
Since performance enhancing drugs did not exist in Ruth's day it's a pretty safe and rational bet that he didn't take them TRhit.

Since performance drugs do exist today and many players including Bonds, Sosa, Giambi and McGwire all made gains in musculature that anyone with any knowledge of weight training knows just doesn't happen naturally - especially for a 35-40 year old man like Bonds whose trainer says he gave them to him, and he didn't have just one fluke career year - it is indeed rational to assume these guys are on the stuff.

People need to take their heads out of the sand regarding this issue.
ilovethisgame

I dont know what may existed in Babe Ruth's day --do you? I dare say that you don't either!! I just know his numbers were so far away from others-- if I use your rationale he had to use something.

It certainly is not RATIONAL to me to assume anything--that is usually an irrational move--assuming--especially when it is only based on one newspapers reports--how much have they fabricated to create a sensational headline ?

People need to KNOW what they talk about, not assume, themselves before they tell other people to get their heads out of the sand.

The tide is coming in--be careful!!!!

By the way having worked in the entertainment business I know something about how newspapers work to get stories and sell copies--- I recall the issue of the NY Post that had me engaged to a young actress by the name of Ultra Violet, she of MIdnight Cowboy fame-- they saw us out for dinner after we had finished rehearsal for a show we were taping for European TV, I was producing the music tracks--- the next day Page 6 of the Post noted her with her "fiance" having dinner together---Heck we never even dated-- we worked together-- but there we were--a new item on Page 6 and they never even spoke with us.

You can take it from there
I don't think this is about 1 incident or 1 photo of Bonds with a trainer known to supply steroids etc.

Bonds has been with this tranier for several years on a daily basis. Balco is apparently walking distance to the gym where Bonds worksout. His trainer had daily access to the Giants lockerroom and traveled with Bonds.

Sheffield worked out with Bonds and got his 'supply' from the man, by his statements. Many others are linked to the same source.

Bonds' size, like Sosa, McGwire, Giambi... exploded in a very unnatural fashion. Even Bonds' head size (ego aside) expanded. A human skull does not change in size in adult years absent medications of the steroid variety or as a result of disease.

Pictures are worth 1000 words and the Barry Bonds of Pirate days and early Giant years is not the same human being of the last few years. His stats are equally unnaturally inflated in the "suspected" juiced years.

I do not believe for one minute Bonds would take substances, the contents of which he was ignorant to. Don't believe it, no way, no how.

I absolutely believe he took steroid related substances and knew what he was doing. I also believe he will never admit it and I also believe that MLB will ultimately do nothing about his or any other player's past in this regard.

At the bottom line Bonds' name will always be tainted now, the doubt will always be there no matter how this pans out and I don't think he could care less, which is why this stuff happens and if not this issue, it will be something else. There's that old saying that if you're not cheatin' you're not tryin' and far too many athletes ascribe to that.
Barry will do whatever Barry wants to do - just like Barry has always done.

If Barry wants to suck down a gallon of liquid roids tomorrow - he will do it. Whether any of us - including MLB - like it or not.

If he wants to deny it - he will.

Barry is Barry - and we live in a Barry world.

Barry knows this - Barry has alot of money and alot of lawyers - and Barry aint changing.

The fact of the matter is MLB does not have a drug testing policy of any relevance.

I actually wish Barry would hit 400 home runs one season - then suck down 600 hot dogs in one sitting - and then turn green like the Hulk and triple jump right out of the stadium. LOL
Oh yeah, I can tell by looking at the babe. He must of been taking them there performance enhanging performance boosting steroids. Big Grin

TR, are you really that nieave to believe Bonds and the rest of the new age atheletes didn't know what drugs they were taking? Come on! I doubt you can take them by there words!

From the National Institude of Drug abuse:

Anabolic steroids were developed in the late 1930s primarily to treat hypogonadism, a condition in which the testes do not produce sufficient testosterone for normal growth, development, and sexual functioning. The primary medical uses of these compounds are to treat delayed puberty, some types of impotence, and wasting of the body caused by HIV infection or other diseases.

During the 1930s, scientists discovered that anabolic steroids could facilitate the growth of skeletal muscle in laboratory animals, which led to use of the compounds first by bodybuilders and weightlifters and then by athletes in other sports. Steroid abuse has become so widespread in athletics that it affects the outcome of sports contests.
Last edited {1}
Peter Gammons: Juiced Era

I found this rather interesting:

quote:
In 1999, Barry Bonds was already a Hall of Fame player. He had won three MVPs, and should have had a fourth. He hit .300 and averaged 36 homers a year in the '90s. He is such an intelligent hitter that teammates claim he knows every pitch that's coming, he's reduced the strike zone to the size of a nickel, and in the 21st Century has batted .306, .328, .370, .341 and .362, with on-base percentages of .440, .515. .582, .529 and .609. That's not chemical, that's simple greatness. But where he averaged 36 homers a year in his prime, he's averaged 52 a year in five years theoretically past his prime. WFAN's Christopher Russo interviewed a home run distance expert who claimed that prior to 2000, Bonds hit three homers longer than 450 feet; in the last five years, he has hit 26.

Dibble & Glove Man... I just noticed you'd posted this in a different thread. Sorry!

Jason
Last edited by FlippJ
There is no doubt. Anyone who doubts that he has taken them in a substantial amount is clueless. It is fact BONDS IS A STEROID PLAYER. AND ALL OF HIS RECORDS ARE MEANINGLESS. HE IS A CHEATER. And dont give me that junk about it doesnt help you hit the ball. Thats right it doesnt help you hit the ball just when you hit it, it goes alot farther. And what is he known for, the long ball. He is not alone either. But when he breaks Hanks record I for one will never acknowledge him for it for what thats worth. He should have an * besides his name in the record books.
Just saw Hank Aaron's comments on Bonds. To say Hammerin' Hank is disgusted is an understatement.

One of the true gentleman of sports, Mr. Aaron is about to be overtaken by one of the true pigs of the game, a man who has never represented the game, but only himself. With his self admiration of his own hits, his pirouets out of the batter's box Roll Eyes

I have seen Bonds swear at children asking for autographs. What an ambassador for the game. I once witnessed first hand as Bonds refused to sign an autograph on the "sweet spot" for Mrs. Jackie Robinson. - MRS. JACKIE ROBINSON!!!.

Bonds has no respect for the game, for anyone else and obviously not for himself in taking these drugs. Now his aunt claims that little Barry was "secretly doped" by the tranier. Give me a break.
Last edited by HeyBatter

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.