Skip to main content

Six years ago I was in Concord NC at an AAU tourney with my youngest son. He was playing up an age division for the weekend. I was amazed at a few of the 12 year old players I was watching. I thought to myself "Man these are some pretty special young fellas playing here today". Turns out I was right. SS Justin Jackson was playing for the Stansfield Clippers , he was taken 45th overall. Pitcher Madison Bumgardner was playing for the Kernersville Cardinals he was taken 10th overall. And Chris Luck was playing with my son on the Durham Diamondbacks. He will be selected sometime tomorrow probaly in the 7-8 round. Sometimes you just see it and you know it. Congrats to all the young men and their families. And way to go DK I know your mom and dad are very proud of you.
Congratulations to the "little guy," Ben Revere (#28 in the 1st round) -- a 5'9, 150 lb. centerfielder from Lexington Catholic in Kentucky.

The average SPARQ Rating for a high school baseball player is in the low 50s, according to SPARQ trainers, whereas Ben scored an 84.61. His fastest 60 speed is a whopping 6.28 seconds!
quote:
Originally posted by Infield08:
Congratulations to the "little guy," Ben Revere (#28 in the 1st round) -- a 5'9, 150 lb. centerfielder from Lexington Catholic in Kentucky.

The average SPARQ Rating for a high school baseball player is in the low 50s, according to SPARQ trainers, whereas Ben scored an 84.61. His fastest 60 speed is a whopping 6.28 seconds!

Word around here was that his size was going to prevent him from being a first rounder.... looks like his ability and speed won out!!
Thanks!

Collikar
MN-Mom
Cheapseats!

What a day the "Beavan" household had! We are still trying to come down out of the Heavens'.

We were just so excited to be a consideration and then to go in the 1st round, and then to go 17th, and then to go to your "Home Town" team, well I could go on and on about the excitement!

Congrats to all the HSB Websters families and their "Sons" who were part of this "Historical Day" for MLB for sharing on television.

GO RANGERS!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.