Skip to main content

I recently left my HS football job and am new asst. HS baseball coach who is also responsible for training and arm care. I have slowly started to implement Driveline program into our offseason work. Right now, I am just using the pitching recovery part of program with standing rebounders, J-bands, and shoulder tube.  I would like to begin implementing the entire throwing program. Is my best bet to purchase Hacking the Kinetic Chain? We have limited Driveline equipment and should be able to purchase more once I can justify the benefits. Thanks.

"Baseball is more then a game. It's like life played out on a field." - Juliana Hatfield

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you are going to implement this long term you definitely need to purchase HTKC. The latest version has a section in it that spells out how to implement the program in a team setting. Before you buy it though, sign up for Driveline Plus. You will get enough of a discount off of HTKC to justify the subscription and you will get discounts on equipment and it sounds like you will be doing that in the future. On top of all of that is access to a bunch of videos that will help you with you program. I highly recommend both HTKC and Driveline Plus. Both have been beneficial to me and they add new videos to Plus every week and they aren't just pitching related. They hit on all aspects of the game; hitting, weight room, pitching, throwing drills, mobility, assessments, pitch design. Also, listen to their podcast. I believe they put a discount code for Driveline Plus in there. As you can tell, I'm the kind of guy that likes to do as much as he can on the cheap. lol

coachld posted:

I recently left my HS football job and am new asst. HS baseball coach who is also responsible for training and arm care. I have slowly started to implement Driveline program into our offseason work. Right now, I am just using the pitching recovery part of program with standing rebounders, J-bands, and shoulder tube.  I would like to begin implementing the entire throwing program. Is my best bet to purchase Hacking the Kinetic Chain? We have limited Driveline equipment and should be able to purchase more once I can justify the benefits. Thanks.

Take Todd Hill's advice. 

Keep in mind that at the high school level you are dealing with grown men and kids who have just started puberty.  My #1 question would be how do I train the 14 year old kid vs the 18 year old man?  We were recently at a college who is a big Driveline school and the PC mentioned that the black ball is too big for some people and if they are pushing the ball they just remove it and go the green ball. 

Driveline is rolling out a coaching/training certification program second quarter of this year.  You might look into that.  Listen to their podcasts.  Driveline is not an adjective, it's a business in Washinton State.  I think some part of their motivation for the certification is for the word Driveline to mean something.  I have the Driveline Plus membership for the learning part of it (videos).

Kyle Boddy if I am wrong, you can hurl invectives at me on twitter @garykeyhomes

Ha, I don't interact with threads on message boards that are about me or my business generally speaking. It's a long-standing rule of mine that I think people should be free to discuss stuff and if I am in the threads, it only makes it hard for people to express their real opinions, and I don't want that.

I'll say that you can always email support@drivelinebaseball.com and we invest a lot of resources into our customer support department, and you can also call us at (425) 523-4030 while we're open and get a human on the line immediately, no phone trees or crap like that. We are more than happy to help answer questions like this as another source of information on top of what others say on how they get value out of our platform.

Thanks as always, and I'll disappear now

I didn't get banned.... I left for a while.... I have nothing against Driveline or Kyle never met the man....  My son uses some of the Driveline stuff, he uses some of his own stuff he has developed over the years, he uses some stuff he learned from some pro guys..... he uses Rapsodo, and many other tools..... he's lucky enough to be in a place that has everything at his disposal .

BUT In my opinion you have to have something to work with... if you do, Driveline will likely help you get better. And  if you don't know what you are doing and have some serious flaws...... , but it's not going to turn you into a MLB pitcher.  Its just another  tool to use. You have to find out what works for you, your body will respond or it won't. 

Son does not like  the overload stuff he has a extremely quick arm  high spin rate and hits 94-96 regularly.... so it's more important for him to spot that fast ball and work on off-speed, more velo for the sake of velo is a waste of time.

If you feel Driveline is worth it, t ake a shot , go for it.... 

Speaking of Rapsodo........we are fortunate enough to live in a big University town.  High school coach has arranged an assessement of pitchers at the kineseology department this afternoon where Rapsodo is used.   Each pitcher is scheduled separately for an hour and a half.  They are specifically looking at the effects of weight on the non throwing hand of pitchers.  In general, what kind of data should we expect to get from an assessment using Rapsodo??  

stayfocused posted:

Speaking of Rapsodo........we are fortunate enough to live in a big University town.  High school coach has arranged an assessement of pitchers at the kineseology department this afternoon where Rapsodo is used.   Each pitcher is scheduled separately for an hour and a half.  They are specifically looking at the effects of weight on the non throwing hand of pitchers.  In general, what kind of data should we expect to get from an assessment using Rapsodo??  

Velocity, release point, vertical/horizontal break, spin rate/axis/efficiency.  And if you flip the page over their will be lotto numbers.

stayfocused posted:

You'll get the data that GO44DAD posted (if you are a lucky guy you'll get the lotto numbers too...), but as Dominik has alluded to, it's hard to use that data for much unless you have an educated coach.

2022OFDad posted:

Trying to think of something witty that won’t get me banned from this website when I draw the comparison to how certain a poster responded to bacdoorslider’s view on the driveline subject, but I can’t figure out a way to do that without getting banned so I won’t do it.

And if this was at all in reference to me and you can't figure out how to be direct with your criticism, I only respond to two types of comments regarding my business in public forums (which I've outlined multiple times on this site and others):

• Falsehoods / lies (not the case last time)
  • People insulting or denigrating professional athletes (which was the case last time)

I have very little patience for those who put down pro athletes in the manner that I felt a certain poster did last time, which I made very clear. My business will do just fine and continues to do just fine, as all evidence will support, but I don't care for posts that diminish the abilities and accomplishments of professional pitchers who have done a lot in the game that any son of a parent here would love to achieve.

Hi! I think most applications and software have much broader capabilities than initially; the software supplier company shows this to its customers. So I recommend that you find a hacker for hire and voice to him all the requirements you would like to see using this software. Perhaps for a fee, these guys can even change the program code a little and make it more convenient and useful for you. I think it would be very convenient and relevant. Good luck!

Last edited by Kennedy007

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.