Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My daughter is a senior at EIU. She loves the school. Charleston is a small town in the middle of a corn field, basically, which for some might be a downside. The campus is nice - very compact. The baseball field is a small stadium type field, very quaint. I don't know much else about the baseball program or coach... when we did investigate, I seem to remember they didn't have a winning program.

One great thing about EIU - you do not buy your books. The cost of renting your textbooks is in your tuition - as long as you return them, you pay nothing. It's a great program - wish more schools would do the same.
sorry, my 2 year old got to the keyboard......

Its a great shool if you plan on going into education or any sort of business setting after college.

I didnt play for ball there, but I know taht Coach Schmidt runs a tight ship. He expects a lot out of you and you will work harder than you have ever worked before. I know some guys loved it and some guys hated it. Its a great place to get an education, nonetheless.
Two guys I played summer ball with went there and played. Brian Hantosh and Pete Pirman (Pete was conference player of the year in 02 I believe) THey both had great things to say about the program and the coaching staff...as far as the school....my cousin just graduated from there a year ago and loved it...best bang for your buck and good academics (and its a state school so expect to party!) Charleston isnt the best area, I went to ISU and I think Bloomington/Normal is one of the best areas around a instate school...but overall ive heard great things

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.