Skip to main content

I am a highschool Junior that will be attending the New Era Cap Classic with my travel team the Ontario Prospects from July 29-August 2.

The question is a one that is two parted.

First off the tournament offers a showcase before the actual games get on. Should I attend this?

Second a D1 school that I am extremely interested in will be attending. My cousin had a 70% atheltic and 30% academic scholarship from the school so he ended up with a full ride.Their has been one coaching change from when my cousin attended the school in 2003-2004 after transfering from another school. What are my options in terms of contacting the coach at the school of interest?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If it were my son, I would be advising him to put together a small bio...

Name
Position, Height, Weight
Grad Year
School
HS & Travel Coaches name & contact info
GPA
Last Season stats

And then email it to him as a Word Attachment with your email introducing yourself, expressing your high degree of interest in the school, and that you'll be attending XYZ showcase and tournament and would appreciate the opportunity to introduce yourself and meet.

I'd take care of that right away, and then a week after sending it, if you haven't heard back, follow up with a phone call.
quote:
then email it to him as a Word Attachment with your email introducing yourself, expressing your high degree of interest in the school, and that you'll be attending XYZ showcase and tournament and would appreciate the opportunity to introduce yourself and meet.

I'd take care of that right away, and then a week after sending it, if you haven't heard back, follow up with a phone call.

Thank you very much CPLZ and everybody else I really appreciate the help.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.