Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! My family, like many I'm sure, has a tradition of telling what we are most thankful for. Here's my preliminary list:

2B and 2Bdad
Wearing shorts in Florida on Thanksgiving and Christmas
A safe home, and the people who make it so
A good job
Very dirty baseball pants, stinky cleats, sweaty caps
Still being able to pitch BP and walk the next day (sort of)
Pitchers and catchers report in February
Laughter
Web gems
Line drives
The opportunity to yell, "Wooo Yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about threeee-one!!"
And the subsequent sore throat after yelling out all the other players' names and numbers during a great game.
Good coaches
Good friends
Good chocolate
Good wine
Last edited by 2Bmom
Happy Thanksgiving to all. My basketball team played tonight and so, after we finished, I asked them to do me a favor for themselves. It goes something like:

• Give THANKS! Look around at all that they/we have and realize we have much to be grateful for.
  • When the family meets, take time to talk to their Grandparents and Uncles and Aunts. Saying that all is "fine" or "ok" isn't enough. Spend time with your loved ones because when the times get rough, they will always be the ones waiting to help you.
  • Appreciate and give thanks for their teammates. They are going though an experience that they will share for the rest of their lives. They are fortunate to be around some really good people in their teammates.
  • Don't pass up the chance to tell their parents thanks and that they love them. I waited until my Dad we very sick and I was in my late 40s to say those words to him. Don't be like me. Say it a lot to them.
  • Remember that the holiday season is a great chance for creating memories that will last a life time. Put the Nitendo and video games away.
  • Finally, I told them that on that day but every day, I give thanks that I get to coach. As I've often said, I'm the most blessed person I know because I get to do what I get to do.

Again to all Happy Thanksgiving!
CoachB25 - your baseketball players and their families are very lucky people to have you in their life to remind them about the important things in life!

I think I will print out your list and post it on the refrigerator for our family to read! Learning to expand on those "fine" and "ok" answers is so important for these young men to learn.

Great job!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am so thankful...

For the men and women who are serving and have served, to defend and protect us, and for the freedom they have paid for.
For my family who I love dearly and deeply, for their love, and for their health and safety, which I never take for granted.
For all the everyday blessings we enjoy: A roof over our heads, warm clothing when it's cold, a car to drive to work, an interesting and rewarding job to pay the bills, for food on the table.
For the Lord's kindness and graciousness in providing all of the above.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Julie
Happy Thanksgiving to all...

For those who have their children traveling home from schools, may they have a safe trip. Mine did.

For those who have just signed their letters. Congratulations..

For those continuing in the process... don't give up.

For those who are just starting the process.. good luck.

For those who have been through it and continue to guide others.. Thank You
What a blessed time.....

*Son is home from school for 5 days
*Cherished high school friends are in town also, which means we get to visit with them all
*Grampa and Gramma are in from California for a visit
*Chili and cornbread are cooking for dinner right now
*All the fixins are ready to be cooked for tomorrow's feast
*Our church's Thanksgiving service starts in 2 hours

So much to be thankful for.....

To all the HSBBW websters, have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
I hope everyone gets where they need to be and that the welcome is as warm and loving as the one Steve Martin and John Candy receive when they finally make it 'home'.

Hey Webster Family....if you have a moment and want to drop Krakson a quick Thanksgiving note.....he's all alone on campus today, much of Thursday (except dinner at roommate's house), Friday, Saturday, and Sunday....he says the campus is deserted and he has nothing to do. Obviously we can't have him come back to Korea. If you'd drop him a 'hang in there' line at theckerl@trinity.edu, it would mean a lot.

He DOES get to come home at Christmas, thankfully.

Cheers, everyone!
His roommate (local guy) is having him to his home for T-dinner so that evening should be okay. It's the other days surrounding that are going to be hard on him. He just informed me that the dining halls are closed, everything's closed, and he has no transportation!!

He's considering walking around trying to find an unlocked bike so he can go eat someplace!

Hey, thanks for thinking of him and I know he'll enjoy any well-wishes that come his way.
Last edited by Krakatoa

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.