Skip to main content

Iam only asking because he's my favorite player.
Does anyone think Ichiro may fail to collect 200 hits this year?

As of 8/11/10 he has 147 hits with 47 games to go.

Lets say he gets around 4.5 ab's per game for the rest of the year. Roughly 211 ab's.

That means he has to hit .398 for the remaining season. Sorry...i think thats right.

It can be done...right?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was thinking about this the other day. If he stays healthy he's going to make it.

He leads off and does not walk much so he gets lots of ABs. He'll soon be facing a lot of September call ups. His team is in contention but he won't have to worry about losing ABs to some rookie because he'll be one of the few bright spots fans have to root for.

My favorite player of all time is Ty Cobb so I'm not in a position to criticize anyone else for who they root for but Ichiro has demonstrated to his teammates and multiple coaching staffs that he is all about Ichiro and he won't let anything stop him from breaking the record for consecutive years with 200+ hits.
I won't deny your claim about Ichiro's intentions.
But could you imagine the difficulty of juggling both the expectations of a ball club and that of a nation?

My mother is Japanese so I get to see truely how much he means to his native country.

If your not aware, he is like Elvis, Michael Jackson, and Babe Ruth rolled up into one Smile

He is the best athlete to ever come out of Japan, and in my opinion I feel that there is a "theme" of professionals, who are the best at what they do, that are extremly selfish, a bit egotistical, but have sacrificed much to establish themselves.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.