Skip to main content

I had my doubts, but thru 3 starts look at that ERA. He can still toss the ball. I would like to hear what you guys have to say... Will he get to 300, or not?

My prediction: Yes. 13 wins this year gets him to 280. 10 wins the next year gets him to 290. I know Moyer's personality (I've talked to him before, and he gave me a couple pitching lessons with my team). If he's within 10 wins of 300 he'll go until he gets it.

Just my thoughts...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

He's 33 wins away. He's 49. He's coming off arm problems. The odds are he either breaks down again or loses more off his fastball or loses command making him ineffective. On the positive side he won 37 in the previous three years. This is all about how age hits him in any given year.

He's beat the odds for about fifteen years now. I can't imagine anyone rooting against him. Maybe he'll be the first MLB'er to play with his grandson.
Last edited by RJM
I really hope he makes it since he is an inspiration to us all, but I have to say the cards are stacked against him in almost every way. At 49, or older, there will be no second chances, no surviving stretches where he doesn't pitch well, and his team may just jump someone younger into his spot if the guys on the farm develop unexpectedly or in volume. But he's a fighter and it will be interesting to watch him give it his best shot.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.