Skip to main content

Jeff has serious wheels, and undoubtedly JT is beaming from on high.

I'd loved to have been at Lynchburg for the ceremony, but when Jeff, Sr's dad threw a ball to Jeff, Jr., from the exact spot where Jeff, Sr. threw his last pitch, I'm not sure I could've handled that, and grandfather Taylor then commented he was throwing HIS last pitch...wow, that would be so emotional, yet Jeff, Jr. managed to go 3 for 7 on the same day. It's just a remarkable story for a lot of reasons that keeps going.

Oh yea, Jeff, Jr. has "slumped" all the way down to .420...
Just another update on Jeff's week.
He is still battling a bit at the plate, which means he is due to get on a streak. Smile
I have no doubt that is going to happen.
On a different note:

"In the record watch, Taylor, Jr. moved closer to becoming the ODAC's all-time leading base thief with two more stolen bases against EMU. He now is 19-for-19 this year, and is just four bags short of the ODAC career record of 85 set by Guilford's Steve Danis in 2002."
I WAS at LC when Jeff Sr's dad threw out the 1st 2 pitches of the 1st weekend home opener. 1st pitch was from the mound, second (as mentioned) from the spot where JT threw his last pitch.(closer to home than the mound) Not sure there was a dry eye in the place. Jeff jr. was catching and he just gave his grandfather the biggest embrace imaginable.

There is also a home plate shaped plaque that is being placed in the dugout....references Jeff sr and that he threw his last pitch on Fox Field in April of 2009.....also included is one of his trademark sayings "Put a crooked number up." That call resonates loudly from the LC crowd this season.

Jeff has slumped a bit in last few games, but the team continues to do well with a 13-4 record....and he will have that stolen base record in no time.
Jeff now has his average back over .400 with a 2-4 game, 2 runs scored and 1 SB in the teams loss yesterday.
For the season, Jeff is now hitting .410 and has 25 steals in 26 attempts. Lynchburg has only played 21 games which means he has wheels.
I'm not completely sure too many college players get 25 steals in a career. 25 in 21 games is amazing!
Jeff Taylor may end his college career during the ODAC tournament that starts on 4/22/10.
Little doubt JT will be present. angel
How about we all commit, in honor of JT, to take a stand for Jeff and JT with our thoughts, best wishes and JT type excitement to support Jeff and his teammates as Jeff brings to conclusion a brilliant college career?
Somehow, I feel that when Jeff takes his outfield spot in that first ODAC tournament game he can know and feel our support for him, and his beloved father, our great cyberfriend, JT, will know too.
I hope this is okay with everyone. I did some research and found JT's joyous post when Jeff decided on Lynchburg and Lynchburg decided on Jeff.
Time has passed and so has our beloved cyberfriend but it just seems right that we once again share the pride and joy JT shared with us when Jeff started this journey:

JT
HSBBWeb Old Timer
Picture of JT

Posted January 21, 2006 01:26 PM
Start spreading the news
my son committed today
He's going to be a part of it, L.C., L.C.
These homeboy shoes
Are longing to stay
And make a brand new start of it, L.C., L.C.
He wants to play in the outfield that is so deep
To find he's king of the field, top of the heap
These little town blues
Are melting away
He'll make a brand new start of it
at old Lynchburg
If he can make it there
He'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, L.C., L.C.

Baseball players don't make excuses...they make adjustments."
In the opening game of the ODAC tournament, Jeff was 2-5 with 2 RBI's in leading his Lynchburg team, the #5 seed, to a first round upset of the tournament #2 seed. Big, big win.
They play the winner of the #3/#4 game today. A win today puts them in the driver's seat.
Tournament winner receives the conference automatic bid for the NCAA Regional.
Well, Jeff and his Lynchburg teammates are on the verge of ending this season with magic.
Entering the ODAC tournament as the #5 seed, Lynchburg now is in the driver's seat with their win last night.
Jeff was 2-3, with 3 runs scored, 2 RBI's, 2 walks and 1 stolen base in the victory.
Lynchburg must be beaten twice today. They are one victory away from the ODAC automatic NCAA Regional bid and the only team without a loss.
quote:
Originally posted by infielddad:
Well, Jeff and his Lynchburg teammates are on the verge of ending this season with magic.
Entering the ODAC tournament as the #5 seed, Lynchburg now is in the driver's seat with their win last night.
Jeff was 2-3, with 3 runs scored, 2 RBI's, 2 walks and 1 stolen base in the victory.
Lynchburg must be beaten twice today. They are one victory away from the ODAC automatic NCAA Regional bid and the only team without a loss.

Yes!!!! Catch lightning in a jug!
With a current thread developing on the lows in baseball, this likely will have some of the very bitter sweet for Jeff.
He and his Lynchburg team were swept in the ODAC championship games and eliminated.
It seems doubtful they would receive a Pool C at large berth.
What a wonderful college career for a young man who is the epitome of strength and courage, and the pride of the eye of an angel.
I hope this thread and all those who contributed and put Jeff in their thoughts did right for our wonderful friend, JT. angel

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.