Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Too early to tell 11sdad -- might be Monday's district opener. Cool

I think we've been over this but did they switch the Saturday games at Martin?

I hate to interrupt you guys with the little Northwest guy here, but we received an email today that the game between MIGHTY PESH and lil ole Northwest is at 2:30 at Martin's field, not 12:00 as listed on the original schedule.
Last edited by tychco
PD I was hoping for a PS vs 11 matchup tonight.

As far as the game times go, the schedule on our website is the last one sent out. tychco I see you play at Mansfield tonight and if they changed their times I don't know anything about it. And PD the Sat. game times where changed and the new schedule is on our site.
Some Food for thought:

Justin Northwest at Coppell
at Tyde Classic
Thursday, February 28, 2008

Justin Northwest 4 Coppell 16

R H E
Justin Northwest 4 7 1
Coppell 16 20 2

Individual Pitching / Hitting
2B--COP: Greg Higginbotham 2. COP: Chad Kettler 1. COP: Austin Elkins 1. COP: Andy Pratt 1. COP: Adam Toth 1.
HR--COP: Chad Kettler 2. NOR: Will Poythress 1. COP: Jonathan Walsh 1. COP: Andy Pratt 1.
LP--Brysen Curb
WP--Collin Griffith
3B--COP: Matt Reynolds 1.

Mansfield 4 Coppell 12

R H E
Mansfield 4 3 0
Coppell 12 11 1

2B--MANS: Wade Coker 1. COP: Matt Reynolds 1. COP: Andy Pratt 1.
HR--MANS: Taylor Mabra 1. COP: Jonathan Walsh 1.
LP--Kurt Harman
WP--Matt Reynolds

Coppell at Plano East
at Tyde Classic
Friday, February 29, 2008

Coppell 0 Plano East 1

R H E
Coppell 0 5 0
Plano East 1 6 1

2B--COP: Jonathan Walsh 1. COP: Austin Elkins 1.
LP--Michael Apple
WP--Derek Bell

Zak Hermans pitched 6 strong shut innings. M Apple started the 7th. The ended after the umpire changed the strike zone in the bottom of the seventh then lead to two or three 3-2 walks. Not the way this one should have been decided.

Keller Central 1 Coppell 11

R H E
Keller Central 1 3 3
Coppell 11 12 0

2B--COP: Austin Elkins 2. COP: Matt Reynolds 1. COP: Andy Pratt 1.
HR--COP: Andy Pratt 1. COP: Chad Kettler 1.
3B--COP: Matt Reynolds 1.
WP--Danny Malone - 12 K's / 2 walks
LP--Wes Jones

Wes Jones is a gutzie kid and went the distance for Central.

This one meant a little more to Coppell after losing to Keller Central in the Baylor Grapevine tournament.

Tomorrow will provide a little more insight into the season that is at hand, Arlington Martin vs Coppell, who has pitching left and how does each teams hitters do against that pitching.

Nice start to the season for Coppell, hitting and pitching seems to be working well together, can they keep it up for 30+ games? The lose to Plano East only helped the team realize they belong and can and will stay with any team on any given day. Bouncing back to beat Keller Central adds to their sense of TEAM.
The Coppell-Plano East game was a pitchers duel with Justin Snider lining a single up the middle for the game winner. Do not start whining about the strike zone in the 7th inning. I find it disgusting that you would complain about the strike zone and take away credit from Derek Bell who out pitched Coppell with the complete game shutout. Thats classless and not needed. Be a big boy and tip you hat and lose with class.
Meatsdad -- I agree that there were a few close calls in the last inning, but that's baseball and I'm surprised to hear you use it as an excuse. If your guys want to erase the doubt, stop throwing off the plate, hoping to get calls. After all, it was only Plano East. As you imply that the home plate ump had an impact on the game, you take away from a great pitching performance by Derek Bell. <Last year it was because Cole got hurt.> Although I like the way most of your guys play the game, there are a few that talk a lot of trash for no apparent reason. As we've discussed here, it seems to be happening more and more in HS baseball.

I lost some respect for your coach tonight, who came on the field accusing PSIII of being bush league and yelling foul on a steal --- which he did not do. Give me a break....the kid slides into second with the SS in position to take a throw, then he and the coach start complaining because there was no throw.....cry me a river. Coach E should stay off the field and stop trying to intimidate opposing players. It doesn't work. For the 2nd year in a row, lowly PE defeats mighty Coppell.....and they still get no respect from the Cowboys. Your first baseman wants to talk c-r-a-p to base runners after then advance to 2nd, remaining quiet when they're on first -- how brave. And you don't need to spend the energy defending your coach -- I know he's a good guy -- but today was disappointing (and we won!). Cool

I have a lot of respect for many of the Coppell players ---- you have an group of absolute studs. If you don't make it to state in the next few years, people should ask why. I for one think the Cowboys will win state soon. But, did you ever wonder why people love to hate Coppell ---- well, in this case, it's not a jealousy thing. Most would prefer that you just gave credit to the teams that hand you the occasional loss.
Last edited by Panther Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Eastside Panther:
The Coppell-Plano East game was a pitchers duel with Justin Snider lining a single up the middle for the game winner. Do not start whining about the strike zone in the 7th inning. I find it disgusting that you would complain about the strike zone and take away credit from Derek Bell who out pitched Coppell with the complete game shutout. Thats classless and not needed. Be a big boy and tip you hat and lose with class.

Never, not once did I take away from the win that Plano East earned. People like you cause problems where there aren't any.

I stated the facts as I saw them, Justin Snider never should have had the chance to hit. But when he did, Justin hit he ball hard and Plano East earned the win. I'm glad he got the hit because if the umpire had squeezed another walk out of the Coppell pitcher so that the winning won would have walked in, then I would have whinned.

You Eastside Panther is what is disgusting. Derek Bell pitched a great game, so did Zak Hermans. Pointing out how a game changed is just an act of observation. The way an umpire calls a game is always a point of conversation on this site.

Now be a big boy and offer some proper respect to the efforts of the competitors on the field. Stop trying to make this about parents. ADd some value to the evening.

Answer one simple question, would have it been a better baseball game if PE won the game without the benefit of the walks and had strung several hits together to score the winning run in the bottom of the 7th?

Class? I've always been shanty Irish and proud of it. I call them like I see them...Plano East beat Coppell point, that's the truth. Derek Bell pitched well and Justin Snider got a game winning hit.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but each team has 6 innings before the last one to do something about the score.

The umpire didn't decide this game any more than he decides any game. The players have a chance to do something so that one run on any call doesn't decide a game in the 9th.

You guys should appreciate that your kids get to play on quality, talented teams and quit whining about game that don't matter towards your chance fore the playoffs.

There are many good players that never get a chance to even be in your kids' shoes...there is some food for thought, Meat.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Meatsdad -- I agree that there were a few close calls in the last inning, but that's baseball and I'm surprised to hear you use it as an excuse.

I posted this in the Jennifer Tyde Classic thread to aviod the direct / counter post issue. But the Plano faithful just couldn't resist could they?

I never made an excuse for the outcome on the field. I don't play the game so I have no reason to make excuses.

But I did post the results of the overall effort of the players on the Coppell team which is rather stout to this point in the tournament and season. I beleive Kettle has 5 HRs and Elkins and Walsh each have three and there are several pitchers that Coach English will have to decide between on how to use them in District.

Thank you Old Pitcher for picking up on the good side of the post.

Let's avoid the "Coach" talk, it never seems to end well for either side in the discussion.

Plano East did beat Coppell for the second year in a row at this tournament, excellent effort Plano East, last year and this year.

I am really trying to take the high road this year, and I did learn that from some of the posters here and from a friend, thanks SWAC!

Everyone have a good night and a better Saturday watching baseball.
Meatsdad --

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to avoid misinterpretations -- if that's indeed what we have done -- then maybe you should reread your posts sometimes before finalizing them. I don't understand your point about "direct/counter issue" unless you expected reactions.
quote:
The ended after the umpire changed the strike zone in the bottom of the seventh then lead to two or three 3-2 walks. Not the way this one should have been decided.
<-- thar's not an excuse? The reaction is a shock to you? I doubt it.

Avoiding the coach talk? No need to discuss it further -- I shared my views and if you're happy with a coach that does what he did today -- great. Our family has done nothing but support your coach for years......when he comes on the field accusing other players....well, we'll have to agree to disagree on considering that as appropriate behavior.

Congratulations to Coppell on their fine start. They deserve all the recognition that comes their way.
Last edited by Panther Dad
quote:
Meatsdad --

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you want to avoid misinterpretations -- if that's indeed what we have done -- then maybe you should reread your posts sometimes before finalizing them. I don't understand your point about "direct/counter issue" unless you expected reactions.
quote:
The ended after the umpire changed the strike zone in the bottom of the seventh then lead to two or three 3-2 walks. Not the way this one should have been decided.
<-- thar's not an excuse? The reaction is a shock to you? I doubt it.

Avoiding the coach talk? No need to discuss it further -- I shared my views and if you're happy with a coach that does what he did today -- great. Our family has done nothing but support your coach for years......when he comes on the field accusing other players....well, we'll have to agree to disagree on considering that as appropriate behavior.

Congratulations to Coppell on their fine start. They deserve all the recognition that comes their way.

I actually only got to see the 7th, maybe I should have stayed in teh traffic on 360 and the out come would have changed.

I have given props all the way around....including the umpire.

PD - I have gain great insight on how hard it is to be a 5A coach. Hard job for sure, every coach picks his battles and maybe today the battle wasn't well chosen. I think our coach knows what he has before him and that should carry great weight, maybe he too will grow into the moment. I am praying for him.

As for point / counter point, see above - In the Grass and Mr Eastside. No wonder alot of people I know stop posting here.

Yes, I post fully knowiung the environment I was entering but I thought I could enter a post that at least let the reading public that the game ended with several walks before the base hit. I did hope to avoid taking anything away from the Plano East victory or the efforts of any of the players on both sides.
With 3500 posts, I may have earned the last word on a few subjects.

If you only saw one inning, it must have been the others there that "reported" that the strike zone changed in the last inning? Also, you're not really one of those that thinks the game changes when you arrive, are you? Big Grin

The Martin/Coppell game will be a good one. Not to mention 11sdad may just buy me lunch!
quote:
Originally posted by MeatsDad:
Tomorrow will provide a little more insight into the season that is at hand, Arlington Martin vs Coppell, who has pitching left and how does each teams hitters do against that pitching.

Martin has their ace Mike Hill left and he will be the starter today.

PD lunch is on me, all the water and toothpicks you want. Big Grin
Last edited by 11sdad
Meat,
Do you kick your dog when you are having a bad day? In two seperate posts you blame me for people leaving the HS website. All I did was call you out for blaming the umps in a very well played game which by reading your account you showed up for in the 7th inning.

Excuses are for losers my friend and you seem to have alot. It was funny but in game 1 yesterday my son walked in the winning run against Mansfield and did I place blame on anyone, maybe the credit goes to the batter for taking Ball Four.

Baseball is a great game, don't ruin it by placing blame on others. A simple we got beat today would be enough and lets go get them tomorrow would be better.

I'll be at East game, I'll be the 6'5 one with the P on his hat if you want to come whine to me again, i'll even by you some cheese to go with it.
quote:
Originally posted by Eastside Panther:
Meat,
Do you kick your dog when you are having a bad day? In two seperate posts you blame me for people leaving the HS website. All I did was call you out for blaming the umps in a very well played game which by reading your account you showed up for in the 7th inning.

Excuses are for losers my friend and you seem to have alot. It was funny but in game 1 yesterday my son walked in the winning run against Mansfield and did I place blame on anyone, maybe the credit goes to the batter for taking Ball Four.

Baseball is a great game, don't ruin it by placing blame on others. A simple we got beat today would be enough and lets go get them tomorrow would be better.

I'll be at East game, I'll be the 6'5 one with the P on his hat if you want to come whine to me again, i'll even by you some cheese to go with it.

Your post speaks for itself. Grown men don't call each other out. If you could read I think it would be easy to see I gave the Panthers plenty of respect.

I made a simple observation of an aspect of the game that the players and the coach should adjust to and deal with....and you should just deal with other people's opinions.

As for losers, I don't play the game I just watch the players play and read my next post to find out about winning.
Last edited by ACowboyFan
quote:
Originally posted by 11sdad:
quote:
Originally posted by MeatsDad:

Martin has their ace Mike Hill left and he will be the starter today.

PD lunch is on me, all the water and toothpicks you want. Big Grin

11's , it was a good contest and the Warriors completed well. I have a feeling Coppell didn't see Mike Hill's best stuff in the game. Coppell's Erik Nieder did throw well and had some help on the offensive end with some run support early and some late.

Coppell wins the Tyde Classic, beating Arlington Martin 6-1 to go 4-1 in the tournament, they scored 45 runs and allowed 9 for a + 36. Andy Pratt had another HR today. Nice effort by the Cowboys!!!!
Last edited by ACowboyFan
quote:
Originally posted by 11sdad:
quote:
11sdad -- sorry I missed you today.

Not me, it saved me from buying you lunch. Big Grin

11sdad, it was great to see you today. Martin is an incredibly good team.

PD, the PESH fans demonstrated what is right about the great game. The home plate umpire was less than stellar, but your fans showed respect to the game. I doubt the better team won today. Northwest starting pitcher Freddie Main threw a gem. Plano East was dignified and you should be proud. JE is a stud and will enjoy his time in the Show Me State.

Congrats to Coppell, I haven't seen a team hit like that 1-9 in a long time.
Last edited by tychco
JNW -- I should have acknowledged Main and your defense -- if your guys play solid baseball like that all year, you'll be just fine when playoff time rolls around. Thanks for the comments about our fans -- others have not always had that perspective......maybe a few dads were missing. angel Seriously though, we have a good group of parents this year. The team has to find consistency.

Plano West 9-0
Plano Central 8-0
Plano East 6-4-1

Monday night in the snow -- it's GO time!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.