Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by newbaseballmom:
My 14 year old son has 20/20 vision in his right eye but 20/30 in his left eye. The eye doctor said it is not worth correcting but I wonder if this makes it more difficult to see the ball. An ideas?

He can correct his own vision without having to get glasses, contacts, or surgery. Surf the internet and look up vision training.
quote:
My 14 year old son has 20/20 vision in his right eye but 20/30 in his left eye. The eye doctor said it is not worth correcting but I wonder if this makes it more difficult to see the ball. An ideas?

I would get a second opinion and make sure you take him to see someone who has a history working with athletes. There might be something else that the doctor missed.

Dont listen to anyone who says you can fix his vision with the internet and magic pixie dust... especiall someone who has never examined your sons eyes.

Good luck.
Last edited by deemax
quote:
Originally posted by deemax:
quote:

I would get a second opinion and make sure you take him to see someone who has a history working with athletes. There might be something else that the doctor missed.

Dont listen to anyone who says you can fix his vision with the internet and magic pixie dust... especially someone who has never examined your sons eyes.

Good luck.

She already took him to the eye Dr.! That's how she knows he has 20/30 vision in one eye.
Last edited by deemax
micmoronic
quote:
She already took him to the eye Dr., idiot! That's how she knows he has 20/30 vision in one eye.

deemax
quote:

Re-read my post before you have another emotional breakdown. I clearly stated "get a SECOND OPINION" and that the maybe something that the "DOCTOR MISSED." Does that sound like I didnt know she already took him to the doctor?....But coming from you I expect nothing less.

Your two-cents worth are turning into one real quick. I will definetly add this to the "Book of What You Dont Know." Please keep posting, your book is going to need a sequel.
Last edited by deemax
nbmom
quote:

My son also has 20/30 in one eye. The eye doctor also told us that it was not worth correcting. He also said that he may grow out of it, but my son is only 8.

Does your son complain about the ball being difficult to see?
Last edited by deemax
quote:
Originally posted by deemax:
micmoronic
quote:
She already took him to the eye Dr., idiot! That's how she knows he has 20/30 vision in one eye.

deemax
quote:

Re-read my post before you have another emotional breakdown. I clearly stated "get a SECOND OPINION" and that the maybe something that the "DOCTOR MISSED." Does that sound like I didnt know she already took him to the doctor?....But coming from you I expect nothing less.

Your two-cents worth are turning into one real quick. I will definetly add this to the "Book of What You Dont Know." Please keep posting, your book is going to need a sequel.

You may want to read up on George Brett and what he did for his vision. That is, if you can read or does someone have to read the posts for you?
Last edited by deemax
quote:
If you think you can't improve your vision by training the eye

I didnt say this.

quote:
That is, if you can read or does someone have to read the posts for you?

When my translater reads this to me later I might be upset.

you
quote:

me
quote:

Yet, I need someone to read my posts?
Last edited by deemax
I agree with Deemax 100%. Get a second opinion. While 20/30 isn’t debilitating, it could have an impact on your son’s ability to hit a baseball. There are many opinions on how to improve one’s physical well being but I would have greater respect for a medical doctor’s opinion over a website or even a well respected baseball player like George Brett. If I remember correctly George Brett had more trouble with his butt than his eyes. ---- By the way he used a doctor on that end ----
From the New York Times 1981:
George Brett, the American League's most valuable player last season, was admitted to a Kansas City hospital early today and underwent surgery for removal of hemorrhoids, a spokesman for the Kansas City Royals said.
Brett's hemorrhoid problem gained national attention last October during the World Series, when he removed himself from game No. 2 in Philadelphia, underwent minor surgery and returned for the rest of the Series.
Brett left the Royals' training camp in Fort Myers, Fla., yesterday. A club spokesman said the surgery would cause Brett to miss 10 days to two weeks of spring training.
The surgery was performed by Dr. John Heryer, who operated on Brett during the World Series. Brett had undergone the standard team physical yesterday. No results were announced. He left Fort Myers afterward for Kansas City. Brett is expected to be hospitalized about four days.
I hear that kind of surgery is not all its Cracked Up to be. After the surgery he certainly continued being a great hitter though.
There is vision training available, but its not meant for individuals with already less than normal vision.
To see if the player does have problems seeing the ball, do a dominant eye test and also cover each eye and have him watch a dotted ball being thrown and note his reaction. He doesn't have to be in the batters box, just watching the ball being thrown from a close distance.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.